=============================================================
Minutes TAB call (January 9, 2015)
=============================================================


Info
Time: 2pmET
Dial:
Host confcall: Fujitsu
US Toll Free: 877-995-3314
US Toll/International: 210-339-1806


Agenda
1. Admin and general status:
- Approval Minutes Dec 19
2. Review of short action items (in Kavi)..
- including liaison status (Kevin)
- including citation resources line of work.
- including welcome note to new TCs and our public page links.
3. Review & Approval of PR checklist follow-up:
if ready: (https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/document.php?document_id=54566 )
4. PRs: status, process and outputs.
- current PR pipeline
- other
5. Conformance Clause guideline:
- conformance templates (see Ashok mail):
- non-machine-processable specs: a look at TGF clauses and what a CC would look like.


Roll:
Kevin Mangold (NIST)
Jacques Durand (Fujitsu)
Ashok Malhotra (Oracle)
Chet Ensign (staff)
Patrick Durusau (individual)

excused:
Gershon Janssen (Board liaison)


Minutes:

1. Admin and general status:
- Approval Minutes Dec 19: no obj, min 12/19 approved.

2. Review of short action items (in Kavi)..
- including liaison status (Kevin)
- including citation resources line of work.
- including welcome note to new TCs and our public page links.

List of action items:
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/members/action_items.php?sort_field=status

#289: reorg of the PnG page to separate TAB-published documents
-See: https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines
-Still open, Chet to communicate proposal (html reorg) from Patrick.
- Chet will transmit to Carol - but may take time to implement.

#0294: Set up process for sending a welcome message from the TAB to new TCs.
-open, Jacques to follow up for 2 new TCs.
- Chet was to add TAB list to the announcement of new TCs.
- Jacques to send the announce but after the call for participation - ideally after 1st meeting. Chet could add the TAB to the announcement.
- Chet to update the AI with details.

#0295: Document the process that the TAB is following to perform public reviews.
-still open, Jacques to add the end of the process: PR#2 check that PR#1 comments fulfilled.

#0301: intro to TAB activities related to charter.

#0302: welcome notice + TAB intro to new TCs.
Open.
- Jacques to send the announce to Chet who will forward to the TC list.

#0303: draft conformance clause template.
- Ashok: are there other CC patterns we need to capture?
- Patrick: yes there are - e.g. XQuery & XPath. Will send links to Ashok.

#0304: guidelines for Conf Clauses for non-machine processable specs.
- Patrick: need more precision in the CC of non-machine processable specs.
- Jacques did a review of TGF CC w annotations. (sent to Patrick, to be put on our list soon.)

#0305: review PR checklist
- just a reminder for TAB members: we'd like to approve this doc for posting as a resource on our public page.

#0307: New definition for liaison
-Chet: need to define precisely the problem of liaison today.
-Jacques: ultimately the Board has to sort out the IPR aspect
- Kevin: will investigate how other orgs do their liaison process.
- Chet: invited experts can't speak during official TC meetings. TC can always have non-official meetings, of course.
- Open.

#0308: W3C editorial quality process (as supportive of #301)
- Open (Ashok), not sure if we need to do more on this.

#0309: DMTF and OMG editorial quality process:
- Got some feedback from Tom Rutt on OMG AB. Uploaded in Kavi AIs. To review next.

#0310: P&G pagemarkup finalize and submit.
- close (Patrick did)

#0311: feedback quote from TC chairs (Chet)
- still open

#0312: citation resources accessibility
- Robin & Patrick met: about w3c and IETF material. e.g. W3C don't report full biblio for RFCs, but their DB has the links.
- open

#0313: add link to Conf guidelines V2 review draft in our public page (Chet)
- open

Other:
- question from Kevin about doc registry.
- Kevin: secretary & chair should have rights to update any doc... any previous upload from owner, can only be modified by owner
- Ashok: should not modify the "history log" though, in a doc
- Kevin: the title of a doc could change, if not the body content.
- ... Kevin to refine the issue here - (new [AI]) Kevin : we need to see the change log, not just Chair & Secretary.
- [AI] for Chet to investigate this on Kavi side.

3. Review & Approval of PR checklist follow-up:
if ready: (https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/document.php?document_id=54566 )

- get ready to approve in next meeting.

4. PRs: status, process and outputs.
- current PR pipeline: nothing new to review.
- other

5. Conformance Clause guideline:
5.1 conformance templates (see Ashok mail):
- Jacques iterated on email from Ashok.
- need follow-up

5.2 non-machine-processable specs: a look at TGF clauses and what a CC would look like.
- see above AI #0304.
- need follow-up

Other:
- next meeting Jan 23.
- meeting adjourned.

20150109 (last edited 2015-01-23 17:52:24 by chet.ensign)