=============================================================

Minutes TAB call (March 13, 2015)

=============================================================


Info

Time: 2pmET

Dial:

Host confcall: Fujitsu

US Toll Free: 877-995-3314

US Toll/International: 210-339-1806


Agenda

1. Admin and general status:

- Approval Minutes Feb 27

- brainstorming on 2015 workplan (continued)

- advertizing TAB public page (?)

2. Review of short action items (in Kavi).

- #0311: feedback quote from TC chairs

- see new items from 2/27 minutes.

- including: change tracking techniques (Patrick / Robin)

3. Conformance Clause follow-up:

- conformance templates update (Ashok) see email 2/27

- non-machine-processable specs: (Patrick)(TGF ,...) see email 2/27

4. PRs: status, process and outputs.

- current PR pipeline

5. Citation resources update. (Patrick, Chet, Robin)


Roll:

Kevin Mangold (NIST)

Jacques Durand (Fujitsu)

Ashok Malhotra (Oracle)

Patrick Durusau (individual)

Chet Ensign (staff)

excused:

Gershon Janssen (Board liaison)


New Action Items:

AI: Patrick to investigate how we could achieve something similar to commenting technique in IETF (needs XSLT?)

--> new AI #315

AI: Ashok to investigate W3C "annotations"

--> new AI #316

AI: (Jacques/Ashok) improve on the conf clause template + include the "surroundings" ? (conf clause section structure)

--> new AI #317


Minutes:

1. Admin and general status:

1.1- Approval Minutes Feb 27: - no discussion, no objections, approved unanimously

1.2- brainstorming on 2015 workplan (continued):

-TAB could investigate "ref implementation" support in OASIS (Patrick)

-Chet: OASIS and OpenSource. There is demand for SDO offering support for OSS. but lots of TCs are doing code, and/or affiliated with OSS orgs.

- OASIS could launch OSS projects affiliated with TCs - but not exclusively.

- Today, some OASIS draft charters explicitly talk about ref implementations, ref implementations = PoC mostly.

- non-assert TCs are prime target. Avoid IPR conflict with other OSS projects.

-today: draft of policy doc, draft code licensing agreements, that staff will run by the board soon then get review from broader member community, after Board OK.

- Jacques: expected role of the TAB here needs be clarified. Sounds like a good project for TAB to help.

- Chet: so far needs TC sponsoring for an OSS activity. But could be more open? an OSS material repository managed by OASIS, little oversight.

1.3- advertizing TAB public page (?)

2. Review of short action items (in Kavi).

- Process documentation needs review: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/document.php?document_id=55161 )

- #0311: feedback quote from TC chairs. Pending Chet requests to TCs. Jacques provided a few TC refs who appreciated our reviews. Open.

- see new items from 2/27 minutes.

- new AI #315: Patrick: a blog stylesheet could help - log-in needed, so solve the IP problem . Blog model seems interesting. Granularity: paragraph level for blog threads.

- Kevin: check-box for IPR policy, instead of login? We might avoid creating accounts.

- new AI #317: CC template: should appear in CC guideline doc + stand alone version like other templates.

- including: change tracking techniques (Patrick / Robin)

see:

https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tab/201502/msg00033.html

http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-httpbis-http2-17

Patrick: a further off goal. Long term.

3. Conformance Clause follow-up:

- conformance templates update (Ashok) see email 2/27

- non-machine-processable specs: (Patrick)(TGF ,...) see email 2/27

4. PRs: status, process and outputs.

- current PR pipeline

o EDXL-HAVE: (Hospital Availability Matrix), ends 15 May 2015 , see:

https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tab/201503/msg00008.html

o DocBook: ends 21 April 2015 , see:

https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tab/201503/msg00011.html

o UBL: Naming and Design Rules, ends 15 April 2015. See:

https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tab/201503/msg00007.html

- Jacques: interested reviewers can focus on a specific aspect (see the 7 comment categories in our uploaded PR checklist.) OK to overlap.

- So far, Patrick will review “References” and “Normative”, Jacques will review “Conformance” and some related “normative”.

- See the comments reporting instructions in our “TAB process” documentation (see URL earlier)

5. Citation resources update. (Patrick, Chet, Robin)

- chet: Citation resources needed. Would be very appreciated by TCs and Board.

Meeting adjourned 3:30pmET.

Next meeting April 3rd.

20150316 (last edited 2015-03-23 16:02:48 by chet.ensign)