=============================================================
Minutes TAB call (April 24, 2015)
=============================================================


Info
Time: 2pmET
Dial:
Host confcall: Fujitsu
US Toll Free: 877-995-3314
US Toll/International: 210-339-1806


Agenda
1. Admin and general status:
- Approval Minutes Apr 17
- Board meeting to come 4/27

2. Workplan 2015: open source project support to OASIS Technical Committees (Chet).
- follow-up: how we define this more precisely as a TAB report, expected timeline.

3. Review of short action items (in Kavi), and citation resource work.

4. PRs: status, process and outputs.
- current PR pipeline (see minutes 4/3: EDXL-HAVE, DocBook), UBL-NDR done, DocBook done.

5. Conformance Clause follow-up:
- conformance templates (Ashok, Jacques)
- non-machine-processable specs: (Patrick)(TGF ,...)


Roll:
Kevin Mangold (NIST)
Jacques Durand (Fujitsu)
Ashok Malhotra (Oracle)
Chet Ensign (staff)
Patrick Durusau (individual)

excused:
Gershon Janssen (Board liaison)


Action Items:

AI: (TAB) TAB to review charter between now and the July meeting.

AI: (TAB) TAB to answer questions in the email from Chet about OSS program at OASIS. Staff would appreciate any feedback on the general proposal and the documents. TAB might consider how TC Process could allow for 'invited experts' since that does in fact happen

AI: Patrick to investigate how we could achieve something similar to commenting technique in IETF (needs XSLT?)
--> #315

AI: (still open) Ashok to investigate W3C "annotations"
--> #316

AI: (still open) (Jacques/Ashok) improve on the conf clause template + include the "surroundings" ? (conf clause section structure)
--> #317

AI: (new) Jacques to show/discuss w Patrick UBL mix of non-machine processable + processable.


Minutes:

1. Admin and general status:
- Approval Minutes Apr 17: no obj, approved.
- Board meeting to come 4/27: Jacques will voice two concerns: (1) the audit role of the TAB (e.g. in the past on Kavi migration project) should not be taken away, (2) reduced independence of teh TAB or unability to become chair for members, may further reduce interest in a TAB membership.

2. Workplan 2015: open source project support to OASIS Technical Committees (Chet).
- Ashok: question is not "if" but "how". Need to document that. How to work with open-source.
- Chet: policy docs fine, but need to have a "how to" document, or FAQ.
- Patrick: TC to approve the OSS output? TC should not be too intrusive in the OSS process - tricky to approve formally.
- Ashok: but TC has to be able to say "that implemntation is not good, not connected to the standard".
- TAB will shoot for a small deliverable on OSS for approval next Fri May 1st

3. Review of short action items (in Kavi), and citation resource work.
- https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/members/action_items.php?sort_field=status
- #0315: In-line commenting techniques for specs.Open, Pattrick to follow up with folks in EU about htnl annotation
- Ashok: see W3C annotations: vocabulary + mechanism, to add HTML tags to an existing doc. Then you can display that. But not an implementtion yet - only a standard.
- #0316: investigate W3C "annotations"
- Patrick: http://pith.li/?ref=newsletter.
- closed.
- #0317: improve on the conf clause template.
jacques posted an email today with proposed extension of template.
- open.

4. PRs: status, process and outputs.
- current PR pipeline (see minutes 4/3: EDXL-HAVE, DocBook), UBL-NDR done, DocBook done.
Chet: Legal XML coming - 2 part doc, to be announced next week.

5. Conformance Clause follow-up:
- little progress on conf clause template.
- non-machine-processable specs: ISO9000, TGF... (UBL-NDR has one non-machine-processable rule, others machine-processable)

Next meeting:
May 1, for 1h.
Then 5/22.

20150424 (last edited 2015-05-22 14:31:57 by chet.ensign)