=============================================================
Minutes TAB call (June 26, 2015)
=============================================================


Info
Time: 2pmET
Dial:
Host confcall: Fujitsu
US Toll Free: 877-995-3314
US Toll/International: 210-339-1806


Agenda

1. Admin and general status:
- Approval Minutes June 5
- TAB charter : discussion on updates, to be proposed to Board before July.. See Chet draft: : https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/download.php/55579/TAB-charter-05-01-15.doc

2. Special staff projects assistance
- Standards Cup Award.: selecting champions in both categories 9see candidates from latest email 6/23)
- status on Open Repository: follow-up on approval ballot.
- New "Testing/Certification" request from ED Laurent

3. PR process:
- status on comments disposition labels and their addition to past comments (Patrick)
- current pipeline.

4. Conformance/normative matters
- Conf clause follow-up (tempalte/Ashok).
- Normative references question (Chet).

5. Annotations for in-line comments (if time permits):
. Pith.li (Patrick)


Roll:
Chet Ensign (staff)
Jacques Durand (Fujitsu)
Ashok Malhotra (Oracle)
Patrick Durusau (individual)
Kevin Mangold (NIST)
Robin Cover (staff/observer)

excused:
Gershon Janssen (Board liaison)


Action Items:

AI: Patrick comments disposition labels usage.

AI: Jacques to bring questions on certification/testing project (timeline, expectation of outcome, role of the TAB) back to Laurent for clarification.

AI for next meeting : understand the different parts of ISO9000, the cost.

AI: to Jacques to forward to Gershon charter proposal.


Minutes:

1. Admin and general status:
- Approval Minutes June 5: Approved w/o objection.
- TAB charter : discussion on updates, to be proposed to Board before July.
- Chet Ensign - OASIS: motion: that we approve the uploaded document TAB-charter-05-01-15.doc as a proposed draft TAB charter and forward it to Gershon for transmission to and consideration by the Board of OASIS. https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/document.php?document_id=56001
Jacques 2nd. No objections. Motion carries. AI to Jacques to forward to Gershon.
- meetings: one more meeting in the schedule before the face-to-face. Can we move the regular call earlier in the day on Fridays?
- Ashok: won't be available on the 10th - can make the 24th
- meeting plan: considering an earlier meeting time on Fri, TBD.
- meeting on 7/10, and also tentative 7/24 for 1h (tentative 11amET)

2. Special staff projects assistance
2.1- Standards Cup Award.: selecting champions in both categories see candidates from latest email 6/23)
- needed in ~2 weeks. Need ranking vote from everyone. STV ballot.
- Chet to circulate write ups, every TAB member should email to Jacques their ranking and then Jacques will compute results.

2.2 - status on Open Repository: follow-up on approval ballot.
- Ballot to approve passed with 3 votes out of 5.
So we can consider it an approved TAB deliverable.
- Chet will transmit back to staff.

2.3- New "Testing/Certification" request from ED Laurent.
Jacques forwarded formal request from ED for help on this.
- Ashok: concerned about people claiming conformance without adequate testing.
- Chet: yes to that line of work. What would the TAB do for a response? Proposal on how to implement? or just some recommendations? or analysis pros-cons? What exactly what we would produce?
- Ashok: concern is that these kinds of things are susceptible to gaming by vendors. That's what I have seen.
- Chet: Suggest we decide what we would produce in response to this - a recommendation or a white paper or a ??? - and then once we have a concept, reply back to Laurent and ask if it is what he has in mind.
- Jacques: What is the timeline? Suggest I go back to Laurent for a little more info - what are his expectations? Can we say that we agree this is something we should do and that we will first assess what we could produce and by when.
- Ashok: question: are we only restricted to commenting on self-certification or can we expand it to think about other options? E.g. certification by the members of a TC (where the vendor would do their testing then send results to the TC who would vote to approve it) impression from emails was that L wanted to limit this to self-certification.
- AI to Jacques to bring these questions (timeline, expectation of outcome, role of the TAB) back to Laurent for clarification.
- Jacques: MOTION: the Testing / Certification initiative from staff is worth a preliminary investigation from TAB, with objectives to (a) assess what the TAB can do to help here, (b) define further questions for staff on this initiative, (c) provide an initial set of recommendations and observations on the initiative.
- No objections. Motion carries.

3. PR process:
- current pipeline: Chet: no first public reviews coming out. DITA will be next.
- status on comments disposition labels usage:

- Patrick: we can study what TC said they'd do to follow-up on comments. But cannot at this point verify the TC actually did what they said they do. annotation in the draft would make it easier to verify actual disposition. spreadsheet of TAB comments would have that new column. Then we'll have a big spreadsheet of TAB comments on various TCs, and responses from TCs.

4. Conformance/normative matters
- Conf clause follow-up (tempalte/Ashok).
- Normative references question (Robin): "Normative" (background) https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/email/archives/201506/msg00036.html. Topic for next meeting.
- jacques: we need to wrap up the conf clause template. No obj to adding examples of section+clause generic text that can be cut-n-paste by editors.

5. Annotations for in-line comments (if time permits):
. Pith.li (Patrick)
- Patrick: it’s a service. Put URL of doc. Select whatever text you want to annotate. Put your comments in. Some restrictions though. e.g. highlighted text not visible. Not granular enough, though, may not work for what we need. Patrick keep investigating. http://www.iso.org/iso/iso_9000
- Chet: ISO9000 docs: Scott checking on acquiring them.

Meeting adjourned, next 7/10

20150626 (last edited 2015-07-14 14:58:47 by chet.ensign)