=============================================================
Minutes TAB call (July 10, 2015)
=============================================================


Info
Time: 2pmET
Dial:
Host confcall: Fujitsu
US Toll Free: 877-995-3314
US Toll/International: 210-339-1806


Agenda
1. Admin and general status:
- Approval Minutes June 26
- regular meeting time change?
- F2F preparation: draft agenda, logistics.

2. Special staff projects assistance
2.1 Standards Cup Award.: selecting champions in both categories 9see candidates from latest email 6/23)
2.2 New "Testing/Certification" request from ED Laurent, follow-up.

3. Conformance/normative matters
- ISO9000 docs from Scott
- Normative references question (see Robin email).
- Conf clause follow-up (tempalte/Ashok).

4. PR process:
- status on comments disposition labels and their addition to past comments (Patrick)
- current pipeline: DITA


Roll:
Chet Ensign (staff)
Jacques Durand (Fujitsu)
Patrick Durusau (individual)
Kevin Mangold (NIST)

excused:
Ashok Malhotra (Oracle)
Gershon Janssen (Board liaison)
Robin Cover (staff/observer)

Scribe: Chet


Action Items:

AI: Chet - get schedule for AGM, TAB presentation

AI: Patrick comments disposition labels usage.

AI for next meeting : unxderstand the different parts of ISO9000, the cost.

AI: for Jacques: officially thanks Scott

AI: Patrick to sum up referencing issues in specs, from his reviewer viewpoint.

AI: CHet/Jacques: when TCs request public review, send them the checklist of 'have you done' as a response. Jacques to update the "TAB process doc" with this.


Minutes:

1. Admin and general status:

1.1- Approval Minutes June 26: no discussion, no obj. Approved unanimously.

1.2- regular meeting time change?
After discussion: tentative 11:00 eastern, but Jacques may have a conflict (regular), to verify. Otherwise, we can keep the current time. For next call (July 24th) can we move it to 11:00 ET exceptionally (instead of 2ET), for 1h call? yes.

1.3- F2F preparation: draft agenda, logistics:
Items to put on the F2F agenda, so far:
a. Prep report to Board
b. 2015/2016 Work Plan
c. Review of Patrick's analysis of public review comments and TC actions on same
d. Self-certification / testing staff request
e. Conformance clause guidelines update for non-machine processable specs
f. Guidelines on normative references in OASIS works (related to e.)
g. Review of member-facing TAB pages & materials
g1. Review where all TAB documents are and what they look like. Decide on a consistent publishing location and a common look & feel-look back at all TABdocuments
h. Webinars on conformance and other interactions between TAB and members
Also:
i. Jacques: interaction TAB-membership (webinars?...)
j. Chet: look back at all TABdocuments - single location for these? common look & feel?

F2F details:
- Timeframe - Wednesday 9:00 - 5:00, Thursday 9:00 - noon
- logistics have been provided by Ashok

AI Chet - get schedule for AGM, TAB presentation

2. Special staff projects assistance
2.1 Standards Cup Award.: selecting champions in both categories 9see candidates from latest email 6/23)
- Winners: new TC: CXS; accomplished TC: KMIP
- Accomplished TC vote went through STV calculations - individual votes were all over the place; it was the ranking tools that really identified the winner.

2.2 New "Testing/Certification" request from ED Laurent, follow-up.
- Jacques asked what staff wanted - Laurent replied, forwarded to TAB list 7/9
- at F2F: could look at similar Certification alternatives out there.
- Chet: next board F2F is in October... can shoot for that time. talk to Jamie for legal aspect.
- In a first phase: identify self-certification practices out there (WS-I, W3C,.. and others)

3. Conformance/normative matters
- ISO9000 docs from Scott.
- Patrick: TAB needs to officially thanks Scott.
- Patrick: moves for the TAB to thank Scott for obtaining a copy of ISO 9000 and making it available to us. Jacques seconds.
No objs. Motion carries.
(AI for Jacques: officially thanks Scott)
- ISO9001: Patrick: you certify as conforming, you do not claim to "conform" to that spec - not same thing.
- P: has looked at ISO 9001. Interesting vis-a-vis L's query to the TAB. For ISO 9001 you can't self-certified, you must be certified by a certification authority. But a certification authority should be able to latch on a well-defined process.
- Chet: goal is to also look at how to put conformance criteria for such processes.
- case of CAMP TC: YAML copy in the spec as appendix, then can be used in normative refs. Otherwise, external ref too unstable/unreliable over time.

- Normative references question (see Robin email). https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tab/201506/msg00036.html
- Robin is asking for best practices - not "rules"
- Chet: TAB could point out the most common problem in referencing external work.
- AI: Patrick to sum up referencing issues in specs, from his reviewer viewpoint.
- CHet: Idea: when TCs request public review, send them the checklist of 'have you done' as a response

- Jacques: we are close to provide some citation resources? we should wrap-up this, as modest our solution could be.

- Conf clause follow-up (template/Ashok).
- held over as Ashok is not here

4. PR process:
4.1- status on comments disposition labels and their addition to past comments (Patrick)
- Patrick: comment disposition track record should come into play next year!
- Patrick: comment disposition follow-up: making progress. We should be able to show some insight here at F2F. inserting URL ref to spreadsheet (a new column, points to comment disposition log)

4.2- current pipeline: DITA:
- DITA: large spec, in 3 parts. interesting partitioning. To look at. They are getting PR comments. Single multi-part WP.
- some material is duplicated across the parts, though.
- Conformance clauses in different parts?
- Chet: cross check conformance clauses... they want complete standalone entities (so each has its conf clauses)

Next meeting:
(July 24th) 11:00 ET - noonET , exceptionally (instead of 2ET)

20150710 (last edited 2015-07-24 20:33:40 by chet.ensign)