=============================================================
Minutes TAB call (October 02, 2015)
=============================================================

Agenda:

1) Approval of agenda and minutes from 09/18/15.

2) Status of open action items

3) Review Board meeting last week and responses to Board requests

4) Continue with Laurent's self-certification feedback request

5) Publishing citation master lists

6) AOB

=== Minutes ===

Chet reminded members that phone number will change to (641) 715-3822 after this meeting. Pass code will remain the same.

Roll call:
Chet Ensign (staff)
Jacques Durand (Fujitsu)
Patrick Durusau (individual)
Kevin Mangold (NIST)
Robin Cover (staff)

Not present:
Ashok Malhotra (Oracle)

4 of 5 voting members present. The meeting had quorum.

1) Approval of agenda and minutes from 09/18/15

Chet requested switching item #4 and #5. No objections. No further discussion. No objections to unanimous approval. Agenda approved.

Minutes of 09/18/15 meeting at https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tab/201509/msg00050.html

No discussion of minutes No objections to unanimous approval. Minutes approved.

Action item: Chet to load approved minutes to TAB wiki.

2) Status of open action items.

* Patrick / Chet - prepare another draft version of citation list, approve by email if possible, and if approved forward to Gershon.
Keep this item open.

* Chet - contact Carol Geyer about adding citation lists to Policies & Guidelines page
Keep this item open.

* Chet - publish approved TAB minutes
New - keep open

3) Review Board meeting last week and responses to Board requests

Chet recapped last week's board meeting. Noted that answer to question about goal of the citations list project was sent to board prompting some additional positive discussion. Chet still needs to send updated work plan to TAB, will do so this afternoon.

Jacques asked if there were any questions or comments about the work item to continue providing public review comments. Chet said no. Jacques notes that it is good to reiterate that the comments TAB provides are to help improve the quality of the spec itself, not comments on technical content.
Action item to Chet - send revised work plan to TAB this afternoon.

4) Publishing citation master lists

All are happy with the format and boiler plate. Only remaining question is where & how to publish. Discussed and agreed to mirror current TC publishing approach. For example:

This version:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/templates/ietf-rfc-list/ietf-rfc-list-Fall-2015.html

Previous versions:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/templates/ietf-rfc-list/

Latest version:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/templates/ietf-rfc-list/ietf-rfc-list.html

Difference between most specs "Previous version" and this ones "Previous versions" is due to pointing the reader back to the directory so that they can access all historical copies.

Agreed with plan for next steps:

- Patrick will finish work on the W3C recommendations list
- Chet / Patrick will organize scripts and procedure for producing
- Chet will load following the format above
- Chet will send links & an explanation to board with our proposed plan to announce to members
- TAB will announce to members unless someone on board objects

5) Continue with Laurent's self-certification feedback request

Jacques summarized our goal to ensure we are all on the same page. The document will summarize what we learned of other organization's activities and the overall requirements we note for testing and certification initiatives. Our recommendation will then present a range of options that OASIS can support with the expectation that it would be done in a way that enables a TC to choose and put in place the option that meets their needs. Particularly important will be input on what can be claimed under each option.

Consensus that this is the purpose for the document.

As time was running short, we decided to schedule another meeting for next Friday to begin working through the existing document. Kevin suggested that this coming week, we review the document and give thought to what we do / don't like so that we can quickly address the current suggestions at the next meeting.

No other business being raised, the meeting was adjourned.

Minutes respectfully submitted by Chet Ensign on 02 October 2015.

chat log

Chet: ---
Chet: Agenda:
1) Approval of agenda and minutes from 09/18/15.

2) Status of open action items

3) Review Board meeting last week and responses to Board requests

4) Continue with Laurent's self-certification feedback request

5) Publishing citation master lists

6) AOB
Chet: ---
Chet: Minutes 9/18/15: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tab/201509/msg00050.html
Chet: Google doc on self-assessment: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yWA9OggXm_XZHsELInmMxCKNtjt8FlAyqmlzlkM_QCI/edit
Chet: Open action items:
Chet: * Patrick / Chet - prepare another draft version, approve by email if possible, and if approved forward to Gershon.
Output for IETF RFCs is done but W3C Recommendations still open. Keep this item open.

* Chet - contact Carol Geyer about adding citation lists to Policies & Guidelines page
Chet still needs to follow up with Carol. Keep this item open.

* Chet - publish approved TAB minutes
New - keep open
Chet: ---

anonymous morphed into Kevin Mangold (NIST)

Chet: Phone number will change after 10/6. New number to be provided in next meeting event.

anonymous morphed into Patrick

Chet: Roll call: Kevin, Jacques, Patrick, Chet
Chet: Agenda review
Chet: Chet suggests swapping 4 and 5
Chet: No discussion, no objs. Amended agenda appv'd
Chet: Minutes 9/18/26
Chet: 9/18/15
Chet: No discuss, no objs. minutes approved
Chet: 2. Status of open action items
Chet: * Patrick / Chet - prepare another draft version, approve by email if possible, and if approved forward to Gershon.
Output for IETF RFCs is done but W3C Recommendations still open. Keep this item open.

* Chet - contact Carol Geyer about adding citation lists to Policies & Guidelines page
Chet still needs to follow up with Carol. Keep this item open.

* Chet - publish approved TAB minutes
New - keep open
Chet: * Patrick / Chet - prepare another draft version,
Chet: Keep open until W3C version is ready.
Chet: * Patrick / Chet - prepare another draft version,
Chet: * Chet - contact Carol Geyer about adding citation lists
Chet: keep open
Chet: * Chet - publish minutes
Chet: keep open
Chet: 3) Review Board meeting
Chet: Robin joins
Chet: Chet recaps. Chet will send updated work plan to TAB this afternoon.
Chet: Jacques: good to clarify in the future that the comments we are providing are for quality improvements, not comments on technical comment. Not like other comments.
Chet: Action item to Chet - send work plan this afternoon
Chet: 5) Citation master list
Chet: Patrick: still open - where should this live?

Robin: Tangential: "Latest version" URIs and aliasing

Chet: http://docs.oasis-open.org/templates/ietf-rfc-list/v1.0/csd01/ietf-rfc-list-v1.0-csd01.html
Chet: Choices seem to be docs.oasis-open.org or Kavi

Patrick: Should the This version be: http://docs.oasis-open.org/templates/ietf-rfc-list/ietf-rfc-list-Fall-2015.html

And the Latest version URL be: http://docs.oasis-open.org/templates/ietf-rfc-list/

Where you alias the latest version to index.html so it auto-loads if I go to the directory:

http://docs.oasis-open.org/templates/ietf-rfc-list/

Chet: Patrick suggestion from email:

Robin: Could consider: http://docs.oasis-open.org/xacml/references/

Chet: Robin: what would be clearest for users? Using identifiers like csd01 for non-TC work is confusing. You have instance URIs and then want a permanent Latest version URI.
Chet: Suggest that we use the same aliasing mechanism as we do now.
Chet: Similar solution is what was done for XACML

anonymous morphed into Kevin Mangold (NIST)

Chet: So e.g. - the Latest is ietf-rfc-list.html and then the instances are -Fall-2015.html etc.
Chet: Kevin in favor of this approach.
Chet: Robin - have a rule to not use index.html.
Chet: Have a separate solution that accomplishes the same
Chet: Robin's suggestion: .../ietf-rfc-list/ietf-rfc-list.html goes to the most recent version. Previous version link takes the reader to the directory to see the full list.
Chet: Consensus: let's go with this approach.

Patrick: So the previous version link reads: http://docs.oasis-open.org/templates/ietf-rfc-list/ yes?

Robin: Addendum: the analogy to XACML refs is (a) Latest version = http://docs.oasis-open.org/xacml/xacmlRefs.html and (b) any version would be a link (by analogy) to http://docs.oasis-open.org/xacml/references/

Patrick: My latest version link: http://docs.oasis-open.org/templates/ietf-rfc-list/ietf-rfc-list-Fall-2015.html
Patrick: My prior version link is: http://docs.oasis-open.org/templates/ietf-rfc-list/

Robin: Latest version URI: http://docs.oasis-open.org/templates/ietf-rfc-list/ietf-rfc-list.html

Chet: Here is what will be on the top of the document...
Chet: This version:

Robin: This version: http://docs.oasis-open.org/templates/ietf-rfc-list/ietf-rfc-list-Fall-2015.html

Chet: http://docs.oasis-open.org/templates/ietf-rfc-list/ietf-rfc-list.html
Chet: Previous versions:
Chet: http://docs.oasis-open.org/templates/ietf-rfc-list/
Chet: This version: http://docs.oasis-open.org/templates/ietf-rfc-list/ietf-rfc-list-Fall-2015.html
Chet: Previous versions: http://docs.oasis-open.org/templates/ietf-rfc-list/
Chet: Latest version: http://docs.oasis-open.org/templates/ietf-rfc-list/ietf-rfc-list.html
Chet: Good - we've got it.
Chet: Next steps: - Chet / Patrick organize scripts and procedure for producing - Chet load as specified above - Chet send links & explanation to Board with our proposed plan to announce to members - TAB announce to members unless someone objects

Kevin Mangold (NIST): so i'm looking at approved standards, there is a "Previous version" link, not "versions" (plural) -- has this changed relatively recently? (past year or so)?

Chet: Next topic - Continue with Laurent's self-certification feedback request

Patrick: For W3C: http://docs.oasis-open.org/templates/ietf-rfc-list/w3c-recommendations-list-Fall-2015.html
Patrick: Chet: This version: http://docs.oasis-open.org/templates/w3c-recommendations-list/w3c-recommendations-list-Fall-2015.html

Chet: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yWA9OggXm_XZHsELInmMxCKNtjt8FlAyqmlzlkM_QCI/edit
Chet: Jacques: before we review the doc, let's see if we are on the same page about the document.
Chet: J: what we are going to describe different options for self-cert. we'll see a range of options from statement of use (weakest) to full-fledged certifcation with formal tests and processes (strongest).
Chet: So e.g. a TC should be able to point to a 3rd party certifier or set up their own or..
Chet: So our recommendation should not be to specify a single option but to describe how OaSIS should let TCs choose/put in place an option
Chet: Need to be careful about the claims that OASIS allows to be made. Someone (TC or O) has to have authority over claims that someone can make.
Chet: So line up a set of options & describe them along with what can be claimed under each.
Chet: Claims is the most important part.
Chet: Kevin: I agree with giving the board a bunch of potential solutions. originally it was going to be that they'd pick one. but better for board to approve a set that fit a range of needs.
Chet: J: there will be different artifacts depending on the option - we need to spell out who should own what artifacts in each case
Chet: K: maybe not get too far into the weeds yet... let's start putting together the options in a baseline of the document
Chet: J: how about a working session next Friday? Agreed?
Chet: K: people should meanwhile review the changes to get an idea of what to accept / reject next week. J: start it on the mail list.
Chet: Next meeting next Friday, 10/9, at 2:00 eastern

Kevin Mangold (NIST): and new #: 641-715-3822 (same passcode?)

20151002 (last edited 2015-10-15 21:24:50 by chet.ensign)