=============================================================
Minutes TAB call (October 16, 2015)
=============================================================

Info
Time: 2pmET
Dial:
Host confcall: OASIS
US Toll Free: +1 559 546 1700
Chat room: http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/tab

Agenda:

1) Roll call, approval of agenda and minutes

2) NEW ITEM: Status of public reviews

3) Status of open action items

4) Continue with Laurent's self-certification feedback request

5) AOB

=== Minutes ===

Roll call:
Chet Ensign (staff)
Jacques Durand (Fujitsu)
Patrick Durusau (individual)
Kevin Mangold (NIST)

5 of 5 voting members present. The meeting had quorum.

1) Approval of agenda and minutes from 10/02/15

No discussion of agenda. No objections. Agenda approved unanimously.

- Minutes of 10/02/15 meeting at https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tab/201510/msg00012.html

No discussion of minutes No objections to unanimous approval. Minutes approved.

2) Status of public reviews

Three 30 day public reviews underway: TOSCA Simple Profile in YAML V1.0 (ends Oct. 20th), Expansion of Legal Service MDE Position Paper V1.0 (ends Oct. 31st - also, Committee Note so we may not care to review), Emergency Data Exchange Language (EDXL) Tracking of Emergency Patients (TEP) Version 1.1 (ends Nov. 3rd). Versions for all are added to the TAB JIRA.

No new first public reviews in the queue for now.

3) Status of open action items

* Patrick / Chet - prepare another draft version of citation list, approve by email if possible, and if approved forward to Gershon.

Citation lists were forwarded to Gershon and Board. Item closed.

New AI: Chet & Patrick to develop process for quarterly publication.

* Chet - contact Carol Geyer about adding citation lists to Policies & Guidelines page.

Not done. Keep this item open.

* Chet - publish approved TAB minutes

Minutes caught up. Item closed.

4) Continue with Laurent's self-certification feedback request

Continued discussion of Jacques' latest draft with Executive Summary attached.

Agreed that we would also publish the Executive Summary as a separate page as well as at the beginning of the main document.

AI to Chet to do load documents including separate Executive Summary.

AI to Chet to make notes on how to create a google doc - since it is not intuitive.

Discussed changes to the wording to indicate that the TCs are responsible for the substantive elements of a self-certification effort (tests, criteria, etc.). Discussed changes to elevate awareness that OASIS will have significant staff commitments to make this work.

AI to Ashok to make edits to summary point #2 to highlight these points.

Consensus that this is now sufficiently progressed that we can forward to Laurent for his feedback.

AI to Chet to forward to Laurent as a first draft.

5) No other business.

Next meeting will be Friday,October 30th, at 2 PM ET.

Minutes respectfully submitted by Chet Ensign on 10/27/15.

chat log

Chet: Agemda:
Chet: ---
Chet: 1) Approval of agenda and minutes

2) Status of open action items

3) Continue with Laurent's self-certification feedback request

4) AOB
Chet: Corrected!
Chet: 1) Approval of agenda and minutes

2) Status of open action items

3) Continue with Laurent's self-certification feedback request

4) AOB
Chet: Let's try that again!
Chet: AGENDA:
Chet: 1) Approval of agenda and minutes

2) NEW ITEM: Status of public reviews

3) Status of open action items

4) Continue with Laurent's self-certification feedback request

5) AOB

anonymous morphed into Patrick

Chet: Minutes for 10/2 meeting at https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tab/201510/msg00012.html
Chet: Open action items:
Chet: Status of open action items.

* Patrick / Chet - prepare another draft version of citation list, approve by email if possible, and if approved forward to Gershon.
Keep this item open.

* Chet - contact Carol Geyer about adding citation lists to Policies & Guidelines page
Keep this item open.

* Chet - publish approved TAB minutes
New - keep open

jacques (Fujitsu): be there in 1mn...

Chet: Attending: Ashok, Chet, Jacques, Patrick
Chet: 1) Approval of agenda
Chet: No discussion, no objs. Agenda approved.
Chet: Minutes for 10/2 meeting at https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tab/201510/msg00012.html
Chet: No discussion, Any objs? None. Minutes approved.
Chet: 2) status of public reviews.

Patrick: https://www.oasis-open.org/news/announcements/30-day-public-review-for-tosca-simple-profile-in-yaml-v1-0-ends-october-20th

Chet: 3 open: EDXL TEP, Legal Service (CNPRD01), and TOSCA Profile for YAML. No new PRs on the horizon.
Chet: 3) Open action items
Chet: * Patrick / Chet - prepare another draft version of citation list, approve by email if possible, and if approved forward to Gershon.
Keep this item open.
Chet: Close this item.
Chet: Chet to work with Paul on loading.
Chet: New AI: Chet & Patrick to develop process for quarterly publication.
Chet: * Chet - contact Carol Geyer about adding citation lists to Policies & Guidelines page
Keep this item open.
Chet: * Chet - publish approved TAB minutes
Chet: Close this item. Minutes loaded to wiki.
Chet: Chet reports Board meeting next week.
Chet: 4) Continue with Laurent's self-certification feedback request
Chet: A: let's put the Exec Summary up as a separate google doc
Chet: AI: Chet to do it.
Chet: AI: Chet to make notes on how to create a google doc - since it is not intuitive
Chet: Reviewing the executive summary
Chet: Ashok: The fact that there will be staff effort - significant - required should be made more evident
Chet: Ashok: Also need to bring forward that TCs are responsible for if and how to go forward
Chet: Add something about that to #2?
Chet: J: regardless of the option chosen, there will be a burden on staff and resources
Chet: A: at teh very least, OaSIS has to write a bunch of documents, legal & explanatory

Patrick: New #2: OASIS should provide a management framework to support TC self-certification programs. Certification, even self-certification, requires repetitive tasks, such as fund raising, management, dispute resolution which require management expertise. While TCs provide domain expertise for development of certification, it would be more efficient to provide management expertise for the development of self-certification.

anonymous morphed into Kevin Mangold (NIST)

Chet: P: TC does the technical expertise & the heavy lifting - OASIS takes on the management side of the activity
Chet: J: #2 should be rewritten to point out the respective obligations of the TC and OASIS. P: "lead" is the dangerous word. 'The TC will develop the material content for the certification effort'

jacques (Fujitsu): TC develop tech contnt, avoid "lead". (Point #2)

Chet: J: Oasis will have to harmonize all the common components across the program and the TCs

jacques (Fujitsu): ... OASIS supports in various ways

Chet: C: should we say anything about dispute resolution etc in the summary? A: we should leave that to the body of the document
Chet: A: let's not address it in the summary
Chet: C: should we say anything about the open repo in summary? J: probably not - in the document body
Chet: J: example from ws-i - people claiming that the test tool got it wrong
Chet: J: in ws-i the test tools in fact did get it wrong a lot of the time
Chet: A: maybe then add one line that the TC has the ultimate technical authority to decide on test tools, test results
Chet: J: tried to describe that as the "validating authority" - and that is the TC

Patrick: Suggested new language for paragraphs 2 and 4: OASIS should develop a framework to foster and manage self-certifications developed by TCs. Self-certification efforts have common issues/needs that include governance, funding, dispute resolution, etc., that can best be addressed by OASIS staff. TCs play a vital role in self-certification by providing the domain expertise that supports robust testing tools and other resources.

Chet: Chet: what about creating the concept of an interoperability committee
Chet: J: that is what ebxml did in the early days - Drummond's group was the testers for internal compatibility - you subscribed to a test round in advance and then the round might last several weeks - all the subscribers were metrics testing their implementations with others.
Chet: J: this is much more intensive than conformance - and conformance is no guarantee of interoperability
Chet: J: they are actually two sides of the coin - both are complimentary
Chet: J: Oasis could provide support - logistics support, posting results, resolving disputes - most of hte effort will rest on the subject experts
Chet: J: we could put something in on that
Chet: J: Drummond's group ran this as a business. They didn't do conformance testing first. So many of the problems in the matrix testing was because of things that conf testing would have caught
Chet: J: I will put together some content that speaks about that
Chet: Agree - let's try to get a first draft of this to Laurent by Tuesday, ahead of the Board meeting

20151016 (last edited 2015-10-27 21:13:29 by chet.ensign)