Draft minutes of conference call January 15, 2016

=============================================================
Minutes TAB call (January 15, 2016)
=============================================================

Info
Time: 2pmET
Dial:
Host confcall: OASIS
US Toll Free: +1 641 715-3822
Chat room: http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/tab

== Agenda ==

1) Roll call

2) Approval of agenda

3) Approval of minutes
- Minutes, 11 December 2015: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tab/201601/msg00010.html

4) Status of public reviews
- Active reviews underway:
Authentication Step-Up Protocol and Metadata Version 1.0 from Trust Elevation TC, ends January 21. Emergency Data Exchange Language Situation Reporting (EDXL-SitRep) Version 1.0 from Emergency Management TC, ends February 18.
- Upcoming public reviews: STIX 1.2.1, TAXII 1.1.1, Emergency Data Exchange Language Situation Reporting (EDXLSitRep) Version 1.0, OData JSON Format for Common Schema Definition Language (CSDL) Version 4.0, KMIP Version 1.3, WS-Calendar Minimal PIM-Conformant Schema Version 1.0,

5) Status of open action items

* Chet & Patrick - develop process for quarterly publication of citation list.
Still open

* Chet - contact Carol Geyer about adding citation lists to Policies & Guidelines page.
Still open

6) Review work plan and discuss activities for 2016

7) AOB

== Minutes ==

1) Attending: Ashok, Chet, Jacques, Patrick
Kevin traveling

2) Agenda
No discussion. No objections to unanimous approval. Agenda approved.

3) Approval of minutes of December 11, 2015
No discussion. No objections to unanimous approval. Minutes approved.

4) Status of public reviews
Patrick and Jacques to work on comments for Authentication Step-Up Protocol and Metadata V1.0 from Trust Elevation TC. Jacques will look at conformance clauses.

Chet provided link to TAXII spec so that the others can see the scope of it.

5) Status of open action items
* Chet & Patrick - develop process for quarterly publication of citation list.
Still open

* Chet - contact Carol Geyer about adding citation lists to Policies & Guidelines page.
Still open

6) Review work plan and discuss activities for 2016
Reviewed the approved work plan.

Group consensus that we'll aim to get a first draft of conformance clauses for non-machine processable specifications by end of Q1.

Jacques noted 3 issues we should consider addressing:
(1)- non-machine processable specs (Ref models, administrative processes)
(2)- Options when claiming conformance (conf clause for claiming basic conformance, with option "A" and option "X123" - e.g. XML vs JSON, and other options.
(3)- Normative content: rules for external work references?

Idea of doing a webinar on conformance clauses brought up.

AI for Chet: contact Carol about whether or not she thinks a webinar is a good idea.

AI for Jacques/Patrick: find and send links for reading on non-machine processable conformance clauses.

7) AOB
None brought up.

Next meeting is Friday, January 29th at 2:00 PM eastern.

Minutes submitted January 28th by Chet Ensign

== Chat log ==
Please change your name from 'anonymous' using the Settings button
anonymous morphed into Chet - OASIS
jacques: will join in 2mn...
Chet - OASIS: Ok Jacques.
Chet - OASIS: Agenda for today:
Chet - OASIS: 1) Roll call

2) Approval of agenda

3) Approval of minutes
- Minutes, 11 December 2015: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tab/201601/msg00010.html

4) Status of public reviews
- Active reviews underway:
Authentication Step-Up Protocol and Metadata Version 1.0 from Trust Elevation TC, ends January 21. Emergency Data Exchange Language Situation Reporting (EDXL-SitRep) Version 1.0 from Emergency Management TC, ends February 18.
- Upcoming public reviews: STIX 1.2.1, TAXII 1.1.1, Emergency Data Exchange Language Situation Reporting (EDXLSitRep) Version 1.0, OData JSON Format for Common Schema Definition Language (CSDL) Version 4.0, KMIP Version 1.3, WS-Calendar Minimal PIM-Conformant Schema Version 1.0,

5) Status of open action items

* Chet & Patrick - develop process for quarterly publication of citation list.
Still open

* Chet - contact Carol Geyer about adding citation lists to Policies & Guidelines page.
Still open

6) Review work plan and discuss activities for 2016

7) AOB Chet - OASIS: Attending: Patrick, Jacques, Chet
Chet - OASIS: Kevin is traveling.
Chet - OASIS: Ashok joins.
Chet - OASIS: Agenda: no discussion, no objs. approved.
Chet - OASIS: Minutes: No discussion, no objs. approved
Chet - OASIS: 4. status of public reviews
jacques: Patrick: I'll work on Trust Elevation TC PR (I missed a couple before that)
jacques: ... (conformance section as usual)
Chet - OASIS: Link to TAXII => http://docs.oasis-open.org/cti/taxii/v1.1.1/csprd01/
Chet - OASIS: * Continue QA reviews on first CSD public reviews

* Proposal / white paper on self-certification options for OASIS

* Publish citations list (RFC, W3C Recommendation citations) updated quarterly

* Develop proposals for improving the feedback from public reviews

* Additions to conformance clause best practices: non-standards-track type clauses, conformance clause template, other edits for clarity

* Respond to any other board / staff requests for investigation

* Reorganize, consolidate existing TAB documents and make them easier for members to find, presentation more consistent

Chet - OASIS: Patrick - aim for a first quarter first draft
Chet - OASIS: Jacques - re improving feedback from reviews - discuss how TAB can provide feedback before formal public review starts
Chet - OASIS: Chet - 3 points of interceptions: contribution of a baked spec, request for a template, upload of a draft doc to a TC repository
Chet - OASIS: Jacques - yes, difficult to come up with a formal process for this
Chet - OASIS: Patrick - +1 to Jacques' idea - require conformance clauses before assigning a template
Chet - OASIS: Patrick - not something that should wait until the end
Chet - OASIS: P - TCs don't appreciate the importance of conformance clauses. They'll say they know if it conforms because they wrote the spec. But that won't work for people outside the TC.
Chet - OASIS: Chet - 1) I will try forwarding the alerts to drafts being loaded to see if that advance delivery is helpful
Chet - OASIS: Chet - 2) What if we did a webinar on conformance clauses for the members?
Chet - OASIS: J - webinar - good idea
Chet - OASIS: J - in terms of the to-do list, non-machine processable is a big one - maybe we could get a partial draft by end of Q1
Chet - OASIS: J - some other items noted
jacques: Conformance guidelines todo list:
(1)- non-machine processable specs (Ref models, administrative processes)
(2)- Options when claiming conformance (conf clause for claiming basic conformance, with option "A" and option "X123" - e.g. XML vs JSON, and other options.
(3)- Normative content: rules for external work references?
Chet - OASIS: J - 2 different types - reference models / architectures (SOA RM) and procedural descriptions
Chet - OASIS: Agreement that we will aim for a partial draft by end of Q1, a major upgrade by end of June.
Chet - OASIS: Agreement that I contact Carol to see if there is interest in a webinar on conformance clauses.
Chet - OASIS: Ashok - should we ask the members if there is interest?
Chet - OASIS: Chet - so what do we need to do between now and next meeting to prep for non-machine conf clauses work?
Chet - OASIS: Jacques/Patrick - to retrieve and send links to reading material for next time
Chet - OASIS: Next meeting will be friday 1/29
Sent transcript to: chet.ensign@oasis-open.org
Sent transcript to: chet.ensign@comcast.net

2016015 (last edited 2016-01-28 22:11:55 by chet.ensign)