=============================================================
Minutes TAB call (March 11, 2016)
=============================================================

Info

Time: 2pmET

Dial:

Host confcall: OASIS

US Toll Free: +1 641 715-3822

Chat room: http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/tab

Agenda

1) Roll call

2) Approval of agenda

3) Approval of minutes
- Minutes, 12 February 2016: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tab/201602/msg00032.html

4) Status of public reviews
- Active reviews underway:

-- Key Management Interoperability Protocol Specification Version 1.3 and Key Management Interoperability Protocol Usage Guide Version 1.3, ends March 18th

No pending 30 day public reviews queued to TC Admin now

5) Status of open action items

* Chet - contact Carol Geyer about adding citation lists to Policies & Guidelines page.

* Chet - send current slides and spreadsheet matrix on self-certification to TAB

* Chet - set up Doodle poll on when to hold TAB F2F

* Chet - send out a document with Conformance Clause Guidelines section 4.0 text as a starting point for language on Normative Statements for non-machine processable specs

6) News from the OASIS Board meeting March 8 / 10

7) Discussion of conformance clauses for non-machine processable specifications

8) AOB

Minutes

1) Roll call
Present: Chet, Jacques, Kevin, Patrick. Regrets from Ashok.

2) Approval of agenda
No discussion of agenda. No objections. Agenda unanimously approved.

3) Approval of minutes
- Minutes, 12 February 2016: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tab/201602/msg00032.html
No discussion of minutes. No objections. Minutes unanimously approved.

4) Status of public reviews

- Active reviews underway:
-- Key Management Interoperability Protocol Specification Version 1.3 and Key Management Interoperability Protocol Usage Guide Version 1.3, ends March 18th

-- OSLC Core pre-review request for comments

5) Status of open action items

* Chet - contact Carol Geyer about adding citation lists to Policies & Guidelines page.
Still open.

* Chet - send current slides and spreadsheet matrix on self-certification to TAB
Completed. Closed. Chet to send final versions to TAB.

* Chet - set up Doodle poll on when to hold TAB F2F
Completed. Closed. TAB F2F to be held as usual, in conjunction with the Board F2F in July.

* Chet - send out a document with Conformance Clause Guidelines section 4.0 text as a starting point for language on Normative Statements for non-machine processable specs
Completed. Closed.

6) News from the OASIS Board meeting March 8 / 10

Chet recapped presentation of TAB update to the Board. No significant questions or feedback received.

Chet recapped discussion on self-certification program. Some board members suggested TAB continue to play a roll.

Chet suggested that we start work on a 2016/2017 work plan soon.

7) Discussion of conformance clauses for non-machine processable specifications

8) AOB
No other business raised.

Next meeting March 25th 2016 at 2:00 PM EDT.

Minutes respectfully submitted March 14, 2016 by Chet Ensign.

chat log

Chet - OASIS: I'm getting set up
Chet - OASIS: Agenda:
Chet - OASIS: 1) Roll call

2) Approval of agenda

3) Approval of minutes
- Minutes, 12 February 2016: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tab/201602/msg00032.html

4) Status of public reviews
- Active reviews underway:

-- Key Management Interoperability Protocol Specification Version 1.3 and Key Management Interoperability Protocol Usage Guide Version 1.3, ends March 18th

No pending 30 day public reviews queued to TC Admin now

5) Status of open action items

* Chet - contact Carol Geyer about adding citation lists to Policies & Guidelines page.

* Chet - send current slides and spreadsheet matrix on self-certification to TAB

* Chet - set up Doodle poll on when to hold TAB F2F

* Chet - send out a document with Conformance Clause Guidelines section 4.0 text as a starting point for language on Normative Statements for non-machine processable specs

6) News from the OASIS Board meeting March 8 / 10

7) Discussion of conformance clauses for non-machine processable specifications

jacques (Fujitsu): be there inn 2mn...
Chet - OASIS: Attending: Kevin, Patrick, Jacques, Chet
Chet - OASIS: Ashok sent regrets
Chet - OASIS: 2) agenda - appv'd
Chet - OASIS: 3. minutes
Chet - OASIS: minutes appv'd
Chet - OASIS: 4. public reviews underway
Chet - OASIS: Add the pre-review for OSLC Core
Chet - OASIS: https://wiki.oasis-open.org/oslc-core/FrontPage#Working_Documents
Chet - OASIS: Chet giving them publication instructions - so the TC won't be releasing soon
Chet - OASIS: TC clarified that this is to be a multi-part spec so they'll need titles, filenames, etc. that meet that organization
Chet - OASIS: Can TAB give feedback next week?
Chet - OASIS: Patrick: let's be careful when talking to the TC - a section can be normative without using keywords. E.g. just declarative statements like x = (yes | no)
Chet - OASIS: P: Keywords are the way we define conformance
Chet - OASIS: So all the more important that we give them feedback in case their spec needs to be edited further
Chet - OASIS: J/P - to give me some feedback that I can share with the TC preliminarily next week
Chet - OASIS: Jacques - first piece of advice is to point them to the conformance clause guidelines so that they familiarize themselves with it
Chet - OASIS: J: e.g. can immediately see that they need some better clarity in some of the language
Chet - OASIS: E.g. identify the conformance target, identify the type of implementation, etc.
Chet - OASIS: 5) Status of open action items
Chet - OASIS: * Chet - contact Carol Geyer about adding citation lists to Policies & Guidelines page.
Chet - OASIS: Still open.
Chet - OASIS: Chet - send current slides and spreadsheet matrix on self-certification to TAB
Chet - OASIS: Done. Closed. Send final version to TAB.
Chet - OASIS: Chet - set up Doodle poll on when to hold TAB F2F
Chet - OASIS: Done. Closed.
Chet - OASIS: On F2F in the final week in July
Chet - OASIS: Jacques may have a conflict.
Chet - OASIS: Chet - send out a document with Conformance Clause Guidelines section 4.0 text as a starting point for language on Normative Statements for non-machine processable specs
Chet - OASIS: Done. Closed.
Chet - OASIS: 6) News from the OASIS Board meeting March 8 / 10
Chet - OASIS: J: reiterate need for TC to demonstrate ability to its part of the work for the self-cert program.
Chet - OASIS: J: eq the TOSCA TC & its interop SC
Chet - OASIS: J: they are still underestimating a bit what is required.
Chet - OASIS: Possibly selecting / advising TCs or staff on what will be needed to develop the test suite.
Chet - OASIS: 7) Discussion of conformance clauses for non-machine processable specifications
Chet - OASIS: Looking at the spec
Chet - OASIS: Patrick: the key difference is between Normative and Non-Normative *text* - not statements.
Chet - OASIS: As we said, language can be normative without using keywords - e.g. stating a simple fact
Chet - OASIS: Chet to put the next section of the doc into a document and send to list. TAB to review existing edits to section 4.

20160311 (last edited 2016-03-14 16:35:45 by chet.ensign)