=============================================================

Minutes TAB call (June 24, 2016)

=============================================================

Info

Time: 2pmET

Dial:

Host confcall: OASIS

US Toll Free: +1 641 715-3822

Chat room: http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/tab

Agenda

1) Roll call

2) Approval of agenda

3) Approval of minutes

4) Status of public reviews

5) Standards Cup Nominees

6) Projects we would be interested in doing in 2016/2017

Minutes

1) Roll call Attending: Ashok, Chet, Kevin.

2) Approval of agenda

No discussion of agenda. No objections to unanimous approval. Agenda as amended approved.

3) Approval of minutes
June 3rd: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tab/201606/msg00004.html

No discussion of minutes. No objections to unanimous approval. Minutes approved.

4) Status of public reviews

No 30 day public reviews underway now.

Two upcoming first reviews: OSLC Core (from OSLC Core TC) and CybOX (from CTI TC). CybOX in 94 parts. CybOX working draft located at working draft at https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=58109&wg_abbrev=cti-cybox

Expect to release OSLC Core next week depending on TC. CybOX at least 2 weeks out.

5) Standards Cup Nominees

The three of us have sent Jacques our rankings. Chet will check with Jacques about getting the winner computed for next meeting.

6) Projects we would be interested in doing in 2016/2017

Continued discussion about projects we might want to tackle in 2016/2017.

Ideas so far:

- Prepare an editors handbook for producing OASIS work products.

- Prepare a chairs handbook for running OASIS TCs

- Gather feedback on/make proposals on pain points for TCs today and modern tools that could help TCs work better

- Do a deep dive into the PR feedback to TCs and see what recommendations we can make

- common problems that can be avoided, observations on TC handling of feedback, etc.

- Propose a tool-chain for spec processing that could speed up flow for TC work products

- if there are tools that TCs could be using (e.g. link checkers)

- Maybe put together a TAB tools page that could help TC editors find useful utilities and such

- Ashok suggested more involvement in self-certification and suggestions on how to get more open source work at OASIS

- Using github for documentation and open review

- Hosting ReSpec customization under a TAB github

- Use a TAB github as a replacement for some of the TAB web pages etc?

- Suggest new tools to OASIS to address new needs (e.g. collaborative editing) and guidelines for making them work within the OASIS rules

Agreed to discuss over email between now and next meeting.

7) AOB No other business raised.

Next meeting Friday, July 1st at 2:00 eastern.

Minutes respectfully submitted on 28 June by Chet Ensign.

Chat log

anonymous morphed into Ashok Chet: Dialing in now Chet: Proposed agenda: Chet: 1) Roll call

2) Approval of agenda

3) Approval of minutes June 3rd: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tab/201606/msg00004.html

4) Status of public reviews

5) Standards Cup Nominees

6) Projects we would be interested in doing in 2016/2017

anonymous morphed into Kevin Mangold (NIST)

Chet: Attending: Ashok, Chet, Kevin

Chet: agenda approved

Chet: minutes approved

Chet: public reviews:

Chet: No first time reviews open now.

In process now:

- OSLC Core V3.0 - being done with customized ReSpec. Waiting on an updated package from Jim Amdensen

- CybOX v2.1.1 - 94 part spec. Expect it to take into first week July to get out. You can download the working draft at https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=58109&wg_abbrev=cti-cybox

Chet: Ashok familiar w/ ReSpec

Chet: Idea for 2015/2016: TAB opens a github project to host the ReSpec code?

Chet: A: publishing ReSpec code into regular HTML to read is a bit of work

Chet: Standards cup

Chet: all of us have sent our rankings

Chet: work for 2016/2017

Chet: Ideas from my email

Chet: Prepare an editors handbook for producing OASIS work products.

- can incorporate existing materials on keywords, conformance clauses, submission checklists, etc.

- cover mechanics such as how to request a template, how to draft this part / that part, known problems in drafting specs and how to get avoid them, etc.

- Prepare a chairs handbook for running OASIS TCs

- collect best practices and characteristics of successful chairs - maybe collect quotes / words of wisdom from some of the better chairs?

- Gather feedback on/make proposals on pain points for TCs today and modern tools that could help TCs work better

- Eg CTI TC use of Slack, DITA TC use of Trello, many TCs use of Google Docs.

- The idea here is that the TAB could identify the problems TCs struggle with today and propose ideas - whether new tools or procedure changes or ?? - for steps OASIS could take to address them

- Do a deep dive into the PR feedback to TCs and see what recommendations we can make - common problems that can be avoided, observations on TC handling of feedback, etc.

- Propose a tool-chain for spec processing that could speed up flow for TC work products - if there are tools that TCs could be using (e.g. link checkers)

- Maybe put together a TAB tools page that could help TC editors find useful utilities and such

Chet: Ashok: some ideas we've done some work on

Chet: - Self-certification

Chet: - Think about how to get OASIS more involved in open source

Chet: - Using github for documentation and open review

Chet: - Hosting RsSpec under a TAB github

Chet: - Use a TAB github as a replacement for some of the TAB web pages etc?

Chet: - Suggest new tools to OASIS to address new needs (e.g. collaborative editing) and guidelines for making them work within the OASIS rules

Chet: Next meeting - Thursday 30th?

Chet: Next meeting Friday 7/1

Sent transcript to: chet.ensign@oasis-open.org

20160624 (last edited 2016-06-28 20:45:58 by chet.ensign)