=============================================================

Minutes TAB call (November 04, 2016)

=============================================================

Info

Time: 2pmET

Dial:

Host confcall: OASIS

US Toll Free: +1 641 715-3822

Chat room: http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/tab

Agenda

1) Roll call

2) Approval of agenda

3) Approval of minutes August 19:
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tab/201608/msg00043.html

4) Status of public reviews

5) Status of open action items

6) Review final changes to Conformance Clause document provided by Patrick

7) Discuss Ashok's idea about reviewing open source organizations

8) Discuss Jacques' proposal for "rolling updates" review process
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tab/201610/msg00009.html

9) Discuss plan of work for the next couple of months

10) AOB

Minutes

1) Roll call

Attending: Ashok, Chet, Kevin, Jacques, Patrick.

2) Approval of agenda

No discussion of agenda as revised. No objections to unanimous approval. Agenda as amended approved.

3) Approval of minutes August 19:
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tab/201608/msg00043.html

No discussion of minutes. No objections to unanimous approval. Agenda as amended approved.

4) Status of public reviews

- CybOX v2.1.1 - https://www.oasis-open.org/news/announcements/30-day-public-review-for-cybox-tm-v2-1-1-ends-28-october

- TOSCA Simple Profile in YAML Version 1.1 - https://www.oasis-open.org/news/announcements/30-day-public-review-for-tosca-simple-profile-in-yaml-v1-1-ends-nov-16th

- Biometric Identity Assurance Services (BIAS) Soap Profile Version 2.0 - https://www.oasis-open.org/news/announcements/two-public-reviews-from-biometric-services-bioserv-tc-end-nov-18th

- WS-Biometric Devices Version 1.0 - https://www.oasis-open.org/news/announcements/two-public-reviews-from-biometric-services-bioserv-tc-end-nov-18th

- XLIFF Version 2.1 - https://www.oasis-open.org/news/announcements/30-day-public-review-for-xliff-v2-1-ends-nov-25th

5) Status of open action items

- AI: Patrick - merge proposed Conformance Clause edits with current working draft & send to Ashok

- AI: Jacques: rough draft of memo on TAB thinking for Liger projects

6) Review final changes to Conformance Clause document provided by Patrick

Patrick will merge the edits and review with Ashok. They will send a finished version to the TAB to review by the next meeting.

7) Discuss Ashok's idea about reviewing open source organizations

Ashok explains that his motivation was to look at other orgs and see how they stack up compared to OASIS. All work slightly differently, different rules, some very expensive - so just wanted to get his arms around this & figure out the scope

Chet recapped where OASIS is at: Laurent & Carol taking a slide deck on the product scope proposal to review with some alpha customers. Chet will see if Carol will share with the TAB.

8) Discuss Jacques' proposal for "rolling updates" review process

Jacques recaps. Idea is enable TC to keep public review draft open and respond to comments as they come in. Review closes either after stated time period or 7 days after last comment, whichever is later. This would allow TC to progress specification in real time and eliminate need for a second public review.

AI to Jacques and Chet to draft this into a proposal for review at next meeting.

9) AOB
No other business raised.

Next meeting on Friday, 18 November 2016 at 2:00 PM Eastern.

Minutes respectfully submitted 08 November 2016.

Chat log

Agenda

1) Roll call

2) Approval of agenda

3) Approval of minutes August 19:
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tab/201608/msg00043.html

4) Status of public reviews

- CybOX v2.1.1 - https://www.oasis-open.org/news/announcements/30-day-public-review-for-cybox-tm-v2-1-1-ends-28-october (review closed)

- TOSCA Simple Profile in YAML Version 1.1 - https://www.oasis-open.org/news/announcements/30-day-public-review-for-tosca-simple-profile-in-yaml-v1-1-ends-nov-16th (review ends 11/16)

- Biometric Identity Assurance Services (BIAS) Soap Profile Version 2.0 - https://www.oasis-open.org/news/announcements/two-public-reviews-from-biometric-services-bioserv-tc-end-nov-18th (review ends 11/1

- WS-Biometric Devices Version 1.0 - https://www.oasis-open.org/news/announcements/two-public-reviews-from-biometric-services-bioserv-tc-end-nov-18th (review ends 11/1

- XLIFF Version 2.1 - https://www.oasis-open.org/news/announcements/30-day-public-review-for-xliff-v2-1-ends-nov-25th (review ends 11/25)

5) Status of open action items

- AI: Patrick - merge proposed Conformance Clause edits with current working draft & send to Ashok

- AI: Jacques: rough draft of memo on TAB thinking for Liger projects

6) Review final changes to Conformance Clause document provided by Patrick

7) Discuss Ashok's idea about reviewing open source organizations

https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tab/201608/msg00049.html

https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tab/201610/msg00009.html

9) Discuss plan of work for the next couple of months

10) AOB

anonymous morphed into Kevin Mangold (NIST)

Chet: Whoops - access code is 226238

Kevin Mangold (NIST): do you have the call in # handy... my laptop is taking forever to bootup... it decided to run updates

Patrick: 6417153822
Patrick: Chet is that the right access code? Not the one I used.
Patrick: Or are Jacques and I on the wrong call?

Chet: Hi Patrick - yes, that is the code I used.
Chet: But I also used that phone number

Ashok: use 226238 as access code

Chet: Suggest you try 641-715-3822 and code 226238
Chet: I'll be sure to put all the information in the event next time!
Chet: Attending: Ashok, Kevin, Patrick, Chet - and Jacques on his way
Chet: 2. agenda - no objs. approved
Chet: 3. minutes - no objs - minutes approved
Chet: 4. public reviews -
Chet: AI to Chet - send links to current STIX specs to TAB
Chet: Jacques: TOSCA I helped w/ the conf clauses
Chet: Kevin: BIAS doesn't need a review as it is minor updates. Would like feedback on WS-BD
Chet: Can we look at XLIFF and WSBD
Chet: Patrick: to really do good conformance clauses you have to think of that while you are working on the spec. E.g. to make sure the normative content will support it
Chet: If control language never appears in the normative text then there's nothing you can say about writing a conformance clause
Chet: Has to be some foundation
Chet: 5. action items
Chet: - AI: Patrick - merge proposed Conformance Clause edits with current working draft & send to Ashok
Chet: Close
Chet: No - remain open
Chet: Proposed edits not merged yet
Chet: - AI: Jacques: rough draft of memo on TAB thinking for Liger projects
Chet: Close
Chet: 6) conformance clause document
Chet: Next steps - Patrick will merge & edit, Ashok will review & then they'll send final version to TAB
Chet: 7) Ashoks idea about reviewing os orgs
Chet: Chet recaps current status - L & C presenting slide deck to alpha customers
Chet: AI to Chet to ping Carol for slides
Chet: Ashok: my motivation on looking at the OS orgs was this - look at other orgs, there is a whole variety - all work slightly differently, different rules, some very expensive - so just wanted to get my arms around this & figure out the scope
Chet: A: does OASIS want to go in the direction of holding events or should OASIS think that way...
Chet: Chet: current events are successful. A: so we may want to staff up in that area.
Chet: Jacque's proposal

jacques (Fujitsu): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolling_release

Chet: Jacques recaps that notion of continuous delivery of a public review
Chet: The idea is that the CSD is frozen while the review is underway. Even if a critical comment arrives early on, the TC can't update the review content. Instead enable the TC to work on the spec in real time and update the spec as they complete fixes
Chet: Notion of releasing a 'patch' on the specification
Chet: Goal is to avoid having to do more reviews if everything can be dealt with in real time
Chet: Have to wait 7 days after the last draft/patch has been released before closing the review
Chet: And then no need for a second PR
Chet: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tab/201610/msg00009.html
Chet: Agreement on fixes by the TC would also need to be nimble
Chet: Perhaps no requiring another ballot - instead if TC members don't object, then the change is considered approved
Chet: Would also have to have a method for dealing with anyone who tries to obstruct the process e.g. by always filing last minute comments or refiling the same complaint
Chet: P: there is now notice of when public review ends. how would we handle that. may be a non-issue
Chet: A: one concern - at IBM/Oracle - we would create a spec, put it out for review, and then we'd try to get implementers to comment on the spec. Getting feedback was hard. People are not going to do this on a continuous basis. Notifying commenters that their comments have been addressed and getting more feedback might be difficult.
Chet: J: true - there would need to be a lot more interaction between editors and reviewers
Chet: A: it may be hard to get
Chet: AI: Jacques and Chet to prep a more detailed proposal by next meeting

Sent transcript to: chet.ensign@oasis-open.org

20161104 (last edited 2016-11-09 18:12:26 by chet.ensign)