=============================================================

Minutes TAB call (February 10, 2017)

=============================================================

Info

Time: 2pmET

Dial:

Host confcall: OASIS

US Toll Free: +1 641 715-3822

Chat room: http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/tab

Action items assigned in meeting

- AI: Chet to add versions for each of the above to TAB JIRA.

- AI: Chet to draft 1 page description of the proposed process to add to Jacques' overview.

- AI: Patrick to edit this draft of conf. clause document.

- AI: Patrick to draft a flowchart of IP governing work throughout the OASIS lifecycle

Agenda

1) Roll call

2) Approval of agenda

3) Approval of minutes January 27th
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tab/201701/msg00023.html

4) Status of public reviews
No public reviews underway now that haven't been reviewed in earlier incarnations.

5) Status of open action items
AI: Jacques - draft one page summary description of nimble review idea

6) Review Jacques' one page summary doc for nimble review

7) Review conformance clause document

8) AOB

Minutes

1) Roll call

Attending: Ashok, Chet, Patrick. Jacques, Kevin regrets

2) Agenda
No changes or additions discussed. No objections to unanimous approval. Agenda approved.

3) Approval of minutes January 27th
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tab/201701/msg00023.html

No changes or additions discussed. No objections to unanimous approval. Agenda approved.

4) Status of public reviews

Patrick noted the 5 OData specs in first review. Suggested they could benefit.

Chet noted LegalRuleML first public review upcoming and could benefit.

AI: Chet to add versions for each of the above to TAB JIRA.

5) Status of open action items

AI: Jacques - draft one page summary description of nimble review idea
DONE

6) Review Jacques' one page summary doc for nimble review

Agreement that we thought it was going to be a one page summary of the process itself. This reads more like an introduction.

Chet agreed to try drafting 1 page description of the actual process

AI: Chet to draft 1 page description of the proposed process to add to Jacques' overview.

7) Review conformance clause document

Looked at Jacques' markup of the draft. Agreed that there is good content in there but does need to be reviewed.

Looked at the baseball rules and discovered that the term 'diamond' is not official.

Patrick volunteered to edit the draft to review and incorporate Jacques' suggestions and conform our terminology in example to baseball official rules.

AI: Patrick to edit this draft of conf. clause document.

8) New agenda item: IP issues in open source projects

Discussed notion that open source projects may be able to advance to OASIS Standard under open source license instead of OASIS IPR modes.

Patrick suggested that a visual flowchart would help. Volunteered to create one.

AI: Patrick to draft a flowchart of IP governing work throughout the OASIS lifecycle

9) AOB

No other business brought up. Meeting adjourned.

Next meeting will be 24 February 2014 at 3:00 US eastern.

Minutes respectfully submitted on 15 February 2017 by Chet Ensign

=== Chat transcript ===
2017-02-10 GMT-08:00
[11:55] Chet: Proposed agenda:
[11:55] Chet:
1) Roll call
2) Approval of agenda
3) Approval of minutes January 27th
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tab/201701/msg00023.html
4) Status of public reviews
No public reviews underway now that haven't been reviewed in earlier incarnations.
5) Status of open action items
AI: Jacques - draft one page summary description of nimble review idea
6) Review Jacques' one page summary doc for nimble review
7) Review conformance clause document
8) AOB
[12:06] Chet: Attending: Ahok, Chet, Patrick
[12:06] Chet: Jacque traveling? Kevin at a conference?
[12:07] Chet: Agenda - ok, approved
[12:07] Chet: Minutes of 1/27 - minutes approved
[12:07] Chet: Status of public reviews
[12:08] Chet: LegalRuleML Core Specification
[12:08] Chet: coming out for first review
[12:09] Chet: http://docs.oasis-open.org/legalruleml/legalruleml-core-spec/v1.0/csprd01/legalruleml-core-spec-v1.0-csprd01.html
[12:10] Chet: This one could benefit from review
[12:18] Chet: Chet will ask the TC to consider a longer review period - 60 days?
[12:19] Chet: Patrick notes that the efforts to apply logical structure to law dates back to the late 1800s. This has history.
[12:23] Chet: Also OData specs (5)
[12:23] Chet: chet to add version labels to the TAB JIRA project for all
[12:23] Chet: 5) open action items
[12:23] Chet: AI: Jacques - draft one page summary description of nimble review idea
[12:23] Chet: Closed
[12:25] Chet: 6) Review of Jacque's one page summary
[12:26] Chet: Consensus - table until next meeting
[12:26] Chet: Chet to try drafting 1 page description of the actual process
[12:26] Chet: ) Review conformance clause document
[12:27] Chet: link to the document - > https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tab/201701/msg00021/tab-conformance-clauses-rev28-JD.docx
[12:28] Chet: attached to this email https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tab/201701/msg00021.html
[12:31] Chet: Reviewing the document with Jacques' proposed edits
[12:32] Patrick: http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/official_info/official_rules/official_rules.jsp
[12:35] Chet: Looking at the rules shows that the word 'diamond' is not used. It is the playing field.
[12:38] Chet: AI: Patrick will edit this draft to fix the wording. (e.g. use 'infield' in place of 'diamond')
[12:38] Chet: Conform our terminology to what they say.
[12:39] Chet: Next topic: IP issues for open source project
[12:46] Chet: P: it might help to make clear to prospective members - it would help to have a flow chart showing the starting points in the OASIS proecess and then e.g. 'choose your ip mode' and then that continues on to the right til you get to OS
[12:46] Chet: make that into a handout
[12:46] Chet: a visual
[12:50] Chet: AI Patrick - draft a visual as a candidate
[12:52] Chet: next meeting in 2 weeks at 3:00 PM eastern

20170210 (last edited 2017-02-15 18:25:48 by chet.ensign)