=============================================================

Minutes TAB call (May 05, 2017)

=============================================================

Info

Time: 3pmET

Dial:

Host confcall: OASIS

US Toll Free: +1 641 715-3822

Chat room: http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/tab

Action items assigned in meeting

- Chet - draft 2nd level outline for editor's handbook and notify TAB for comment and feedback

Agenda

1) Roll call

2) Approval of agenda

3) Approval of minutes April 21th

4) Status of public reviews

5) Status of open action items

6) Editor's Handbook: review feedback received; plan next steps

7) Discuss idea of best practices for collaborative editing tools

8 ) AOB

Minutes

1) Roll call

Ashok, Chet, Jacques, Patrick - regrets Kevin

2) Agenda

No discussion of agenda. No objections to approval. Agenda approved unanimously

3) Approval of minutes

April 21st: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tab/201704/msg00048.html

No discussion of minutes. No objections to approval. Minutes approved unanimously

4) Status of public reviews

No first public reviews at this time. TAXII v2.0 spec will be out for first public review shortly. Normal length spec, not a long, multi-part spec like v1.1.

5) Status of open action items

- OLD - Chet: make final edits to conformance clause draft, convert to HTML, and load to the library. Done. Closed.

- Chet - get list of chairs, secretaries and email addresses for Kevin Done. Closed.

- Kevin - send query to chairs (directly, not via chairs@ list) asking for suggestions / input to editors handbook Done. Closed.

- Chet - send ranking email for Open Standards Cup nominees Done. Closed.

6) Editor's Handbook

Discussion of possibly doing via Github/markdown.

For now, Chet will draft 2nd level outline for editor's handbook and notify TAB for comment and feedback

Jacques asked about a timeline. Would be good to have something to show around in Burlington in July

Jacques notes we can draw on other text, e.g. the conformance clause guidelines plus link to those resources.

7) Discuss idea of best practices for collaborative editing tools

Tabled the topic for now.

8 ) AOB

Jacques asked about logistics for July face to face

Next meeting will be Friday, May 19 at 3:00 PM eastern. Minutes submitted 11 May 2017 by Chet Ensign

Chat log

Chat transcript from room: tab
2017-05-05 GMT-08:00
[12:00] Chet: AGENDA:
1) Roll call
2) Approval of agenda
3) Approval of minutes April 21th
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tab/201704/msg00048.html
4) Status of public reviews
No first public reviews at this time
5) Status of open action items
- OLD - Chet: make final edits to conformance clause draft, convert to HTML, and load to the library.
- Chet - get list of chairs, secretaries and email addresses for Kevin
- Kevin - send query to chairs (directly, not via chairs@ list) asking for suggestions / input to editors handbook
- Chet - send ranking email for Open Standards Cup nominees
6) Editor's Handbook: review feedback received; plan next steps
7) Discuss idea of best practices for collaborative editing tools
8 ) AOB
[12:02] anonymous morphed into Ashok
[12:02] Chet: Roll call: Ashok, Patrick, Chet - regrets Kevin
[12:04] Chet: Jacques joins
[12:04] Chet: 1. agenda
[12:04] Chet: no disc, no objs. agenda approved
[12:04] Chet: 2. minutes
[12:05] Chet: no disc. no obj. minutes approved
[12:05] Chet: 4. status of public review
[12:06] Chet: TAXII v2.0 csprd01 coming next week - worth our review
[12:08] Chet: Pages? normal volume = not like the last one
[12:08] Chet: 5. open action items
[12:09] Chet: OLD - Chet: make final edits to conformance clause draft, convert to HTML, and load to the library. Done - closed
[12:09] Chet: Chet - get list of chairs, secretaries and email addresses for Kevin Done - closed
[12:10] Chet: Kevin - send query to chairs (directly, not via chairs@ list) asking for suggestions / input to editors handbook Done - closed
[12:10] Chet: Chet - send ranking email for Open Standards Cup nominees Done - closed
[12:12] Chet: On rankings - try to send final decision by next Friday. Waiting on Kevin (on a business tripe)
[12:12] Chet: 6. Editor's Handbook: review feedback received; plan next steps
[12:12] Chet: https://docs.google.com/document/d/10s_66FDOq-3-6TxlJ_qs3Rq3HSGdFunzYnaTs6nT6Uo/edit
[12:15] Chet: Chet: what if we did it as a github resource? Let editors get involved.
[12:15] Chet: Ashok: letting others get engaged could be difficult to manage
[12:17] Chet: Patrick: why markdown? as a way to encourage edtiors to use github/markdown in general
[12:18] Chet: Patrick: it would be a way to ease them into using it
[12:23] Chet: Chet: next steps? Work on the second level of the outline, then content?
[12:23] Chet: Yes
[12:25] Chet: Jacques: time line?
[12:25] Chet: Chet: by July meetings in Burlington
[12:25] Chet: J: work in progress would be fine
[12:27] Chet: J: we could put in some helper text into the conformance section and copy from the conformance clauses guidelines and point to it.
[12:27] Chet: C: also linking - we could quickly draft that
[12:29] Chet: C: I will craft level 2 outline by Wednesday and we can discuss/refine via email
[12:30] Chet: 7. Discuss idea of best practices for collaborative editing tools
[12:32] Chet: 8 - AOB
[12:35] Chet: J: F2F meeting details - discussion

20170505 (last edited 2017-05-11 15:46:30 by chet.ensign)