=============================================================

Minutes TAB call (July 21, 2017)

=============================================================

Action items

No action items assigned during meeting.

Agenda

1) Roll call

2) Approve agenda

3) Approve last minutes

4) Status of public reviews

5) Status of action items

6) Planning for the F2F in Burlington

7) Discussion of the Minutes Best Practices memo

8) AOB

Minutes

1) Roll call Ashok, Chet, Kevin, Patrick

2) Approve agenda No discussion of agenda. No objections to unanimous approval. Agenda approved.

3) Approve minutes

02 June 2017: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tab/201707/msg00001.html

No discussion of minutes. No objections to unanimous approval. Minutes approved.

4) Status of public reviews

No public reviews underway. MQTT 5.0 is coming.

5) Status of action items

- AI: Chet to finish draft of minutes best practice and circulate to TAB Complete. Closed.

- AI: Ashok, Kevin, Chet to start drafting sections of the editor's handbook Ongoing.

6) Planning for the F2F in Burlington

Chet forwarded the TC Admin report to the TAB. Chet forwarded addresses for the meetings to the TAB.

Reviewed and discussed the TAB update to Board. Report will be completed at Burlington.

7) Discussion of the Minutes Best Practices memo

Reviewed the draft document. Considered adding examples of good minutes.

Note made to think about putting this where it would be most accessible.

Agreed to complete the memo at the meeting in Burlington.

8) AOB

No other business was raised.

The next TAB meeting will be held by teleconference on 11 August 2017 at 19:00 UTC, 3:00 PM US eastern, 9:00 PM Cophenhagen.

Minutes submitted 02 August 2017 by Chet Ensign

=== Chat log ===
ChetE: Attending: Patrick, Kevin, Chet, Jacques
ChetE: 1. Agenda. no disc. no objs. agenda approved.
ChetE: 2. mnutes. no disc. no objs. minutes approved.
ChetE: 3. status of pbulic review.
ChetE: 5. action items
ChetE: Chet to finish draft of minutes best practice and circulate to TAB
ChetE: Done.
ChetE: - Drafting sections of the handbook
ChetE: Ongoing.
ChetE: 6. planning for the f2f
ChetE: Send addresses to TAB
ChetE: Send TAB my TCA report to Board
ChetE: Chet - find examples of teh review issues
ChetE: Patrick - the issue w/ outside specs is that their conformance clauses is that they don't have any idea of writing a document that then works with conformance clauses
ChetE: P: rahter than having TCs struggle with formal conformance clauses, let the TC start with what they've got, then apply the conformance clauses when they move forward to OASIS specification - in other words, after getting the first thing approved, you go back and rewrite to work well w/ conformance clauses
ChetE: J: TCs don't think in terms of conformance - they think about the technology they are specifying. All TCs struggle with this.
ChetE: P: it would be more of a member service - you get the first one but then if you want an OASIS Standard, we give you more help to get a specification constructed to have good conformance clauses and a spec that can truly be implemented
ChetE: J: should be like security - it should never be an afterthought
ChetE: J: work products need to define what sorts of implementations are envisioned
ChetE: K: agree that it should be considered earlier - in the draft before public review. Has to be there if people are to be able to issue Statements of Us. However, doesn't need to be formalized from the start - just needs to be kept in mind from the start
ChetE: J: laying the foundation of conformance to me is identifying what will be the implementations
ChetE: J: fonts are often small
ChetE: 7 minutes best practices
ChetE: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HbI9xBqZcrXGDSUQXqqeoNa_9onfdfl3Qit4iptJhWY/edit?pli=1
ChetE: J: we might want to think about where else we put this to make it accessible
ChetE: J: Sample minutes?
ChetE: Chet: Yes - abstract examples? TOSCA / UBL / CTI - include pointers

20170721 (last edited 2017-08-02 17:41:45 by chet.ensign)