=============================================================

Minutes TAB call (September 29, 2017)

=============================================================

Action items

AI to Chet: send Stefan Excel spreadsheet and OS standards HTML file
AI to Chet: send Jacques suggestion on what would be good to pull from the data
AI to Chet: send ideas for how we could use an intern to help extract and clean up data, write Java for HTML standards page, etc. to Scott
AI to Stefan: extract data from the HTML of the OASIS Standards page
AI to Stefan: send info to Chet on Atlassian enhancements that make the tools more pleasant to use
AI to Chet: get more information on Causeway product for the TAB

Agenda

1) Roll call

2) Approve agenda

3) Approve minutes

4) Status of public reviews

5) Discuss which work item we want to take up next

6) Discuss UI Testing

7) Continue work on editor's manual

8 ) AOB

Minutes

1) Roll call

Jacques Durand
Patrick Durusau
Chet Ensign
Stefan Hagen
Kevin Mangold

Invited expert:
Ashok Malhotra

We had confusion starting up because Chet was late.

- Jacques' Google sheet demo of OASIS data

We set aside the agenda and went straight to Jacque's demo of Google sheets and the OASIS Standard spread sheet.

We agreed that there is terrific potential here. Stefan volunteered to extract the spec-related data from the OASIS Standards page into a form that could be imported into a spread sheet. AI's assigned (see above).

- Chet discussed next steps on Open Project

Chet covered how the Atlassian suite of tools (Confluence, JIRA, Bitbucket, possibly Hipchat) will be configured to support the OASIS Open Projects initiative.

Stefan very familiar with the toolkit and asks if we can put on some of the extras that make it more pleasant to use. Chet asked Stefan to send examples that he can share with the team.

- Chet discussed Causeway, the product replacing Kavi

Chet noted that this is different (for now) from the Causeway tool that will replace Kavi as our collaboration platform. Causeway was built by former Kavi customers and it is the only product that will enable us to migrate off Kavi seamlessly and - critically important - carry our archival history over intact.

Chet to get more info on the product for the TAB.

- Kevin discussed UI testing thoughts from NIST's UI test team

Kevin discussed the info he provided in https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tab/201708/msg00065.html. They particularly suggested Visio from Microsoft and Balsamiq, a Mac only wireframing tool. (See https://balsamiq.com/. They also discussed software to track user's eye movements on the screen but we agreed that was more than OASIS has resources for.

- Next meeting.

We agreed to skip over the next meeting and work offline.

Next meeting is now Thursday, October 19th at 2:00 PM ET.

Minutes submitted by Chet Ensign on 13 October 2017.

Chat log

Kevin Mangold (NIST): my webex has been loading for a bit.. . i may have to restart

jacques (Fujitsu): Dial 208428560@cisco.webex.com

Kevin Mangold (NIST): https://cisco.webex.com/ciscosales/j.php?MTID=m8daa9bed1d126e06f4d358140ced13fa Meeting number (access code): 208 428 560 Meeting password: 45c52377e726c409 (45252377 from phones)

anonymous morphed into Ashok

Ashok: Someone please speak ...

ChetE: getting on the webex now
ChetE: Agenda:

1) Roll call

2) Approve agenda

3) Approve minutes
Sept. 7, 2017: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tab/201709/msg00028.html

4) Status of public reviews
ECF v5.0: https://www.oasis-open.org/news/announcements/invitation-to-comment-on-legalxml-electronic-court-filing-v5-0-ends-nov-27th - 60 day review ends Nov. 27th

5) Discuss which work item we want to take up next
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/

6) Discuss UI Testing
Kevin's email: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tab/201708/msg00065.html

7) Continue work on editor's manual
https://docs.google.com/document/d/10s_66FDOq-3-6TxlJ_qs3Rq3HSGdFunzYnaTs6nT6Uo/edit#

8) AOB
ChetE: Demo from Jacques of the OASIS Google docs

Patrick: Apologies for being late, 13+ minutes getting Windoze to update and then fighting with the efficient WebEx.
Patrick: I liked Kevin's suggestion of using remote desktop to capture user interaction with a proposed UI. Possibly scripted so users do interact with it when they want.

• TAB
o Jacques demo’ed Google sheet on the OASIS excel data
o AI to Chet: send Stefan Excel spreadsheet and OS standards HTML file
o “ “ send Jacques suggestion on what would be good to pull from the data
o “ “ send ideas for intern to Scott
o Stefan: move the data into a db
o Covered the move to Atlassian for Open Prj – Stefan asks if we can put in the extras that make it pleasant to use – e.g. so you can add tables, diagrams, formatting ascii text
o AI to Stefan: send list of plug-ins / desires to me so I can investigate further
o AI to me: find out more about Causeway and its capabilities
o Kevin on UI tools – look into Vizio and also Balsamiq, a Mac only wireframing tool

AGreement to skip the next meeting

20170929 (last edited 2017-10-13 15:56:29 by chet.ensign)