=============================================================

Minutes TAB call (November 03, 2017) revised

=============================================================

Revision note

I am unable to find the records from the call of 17 November 2017 so no minutes are forthcoming for that meeting.

Appended below is the AOB comments raised by Stefan and clarified in a subsequent email. This is dated for the 17th.

Agenda

1) Roll call

2) Approve agenda

3) Approve minutes

4) Status of public reviews

5) Status of action items

6) Progress on OASIS specifications Google sheet

7) Continue work on editor's manual

8 ) AOB

Minutes

1) Roll call

Jacques Durand
Patrick Durusau
Chet Ensign
Stefan Hagen

Regrets:
Kevin Mangold

Invited expert:
Ashok Malhotra

Meeting had quorum.

2) Approve agenda

No discussion of agenda. No objections. Agenda approved.

3) Approve minutes 19 October 2017
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tab/201710/msg00027.html

No discussion of minutes. No objections. Minutes approved.

4) Status of public reviews

Missed this topic.

5) Status of action items

AI to Chet: send Stefan Excel spreadsheet and OS standards HTML file
Closed.

AI to Chet: send Jacques suggestion on what would be good to pull from the data
Still open.

AI to Chet: send ideas for how we could use an intern to help extract and clean up data, write Java for HTML standards page, etc. to Scott
Closed.

AI to Stefan: extract data from the HTML of the OASIS Standards page
Still open.

AI to Stefan: send info to Chet on Atlassian enhancements that make the tools more pleasant to use
Still open

AI to Chet: get more information on Causeway product for the TAB
Still open.

AI to Chet: to check with Jamie to see if we can get an introduction to someone at IETF familiar with why they adopted DOIs for their work products we could talk with.
Closed

6) Progress on OASIS specification Google sheet

Stefan working on extracting data from OASIS Standards page.

Jacques notes it would be good to clarify what is our end goal. The query tool is mature and can get information out of the spread sheet. Providing a good entry form to data into the google sheet is what he'd like to address. Ideally a web entry form more sophisticated than the default google sheet.

Kevin noted that there is a collection of google scripts you can use for various purposes. Offered to help test out if we can provide scenarios.

AI to Chet - describe in a note what sort of query / tasks I would like to do with the data, including any analytics I'd like.

7) Continue work on editor's manual

Discussed producing a set of short webinars or videos instead of a document.

8) AOB

17 November 2017 notes appended.

Under AOB on our call on 17 November, Stefan raised 4 concerns which he subsequently documented in https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tab/201712/msg00000.html and captured here:

---

1) We are technical advisors - Disablement in crucial technical area?

Stefan suggests to OASIS staff, that the Technical Advisors on TAB - that is us - can only give technical advice, when being presented requirements and technical detail for a plan - in OpenProjects this does not seem to be the case

2) Requirements and use-cases for selected solution missing

Stefan perceived, that there are plans to settle OpenProjects (with a half-open membership!) on the tools like JIRA, Confluence, and Bitbucket, which makes him wonder, if that is a good plan with many users only rarely interacting

3) Technology gap increasing

Stefan is also very surprised, that there seems to be a decision to not migrate the TC relevant instances to newer versions. The reported non-feasibility of such a migration is challenged by him.

4) Missing pro-con analysis in favor of selected tools

Stefan is in fear, that the choice of implementation might constitute a roadblock for acquisition and adoption of open projects, as the github ecosystem seems to be set in the minds of many.

---

The next meeting will be Friday, 17 November 2017 at 3:00 PM EST.

Minutes submitted by Chet Ensign on 01 December 2017.

Chat log

ChetE: Proposed agenda:
ChetE: 1) Roll call

2) Approve agenda

3) Approve minutes

4) Status of public reviews

5) Status of action items

AI to Chet: send Stefan Excel spreadsheet and OS standards HTML file
AI to Chet: send Jacques suggestion on what would be good to pull from the data
AI to Chet: send ideas for how we could use an intern to help extract and clean up data, write Java for HTML standards page, etc. to Scott
AI to Stefan: extract data from the HTML of the OASIS Standards page
AI to Stefan: send info to Chet on Atlassian enhancements that make the tools more pleasant to use
AI to Chet: get more information on Causeway product for the TAB
AI to Chet: to check with Jamie to see if we can get an introduction to someone at IETF familiar with why they adopted DOIs for their work products we could talk with.

6) Progress on OASIS specifications Google sheet

7) Continue work on editor's manual

8 ) AOB ChetE: Attending: Kevin, Patrick, Stefan, Chet
ChetE: Agenda - no disc, no objs, agenda approved
ChetE: Minutes
ChetE: Draft minutes TAB meeting 19 October 2017: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tab/201710/msg00027.html
ChetE: No discussion. No objs. Minutes approved.
ChetE: Public reviews.
ChetE: Jacques joins
ChetE: Jacques, you have the webex info to join?
ChetE: Patrick sent email call for comments
ChetE: Action items

Jacques D(Fujitsu): what is the "numeric ID" dont want to enter a crazy long meeting pwd..

ChetE: https://cisco.webex.com/ciscosales/j.php?MTID=m9f1f55324c1039abcee8b5d62545362b
Meeting number (access code): 203 230 881
ChetE: Or to JOIN BY PHONE
+1-866-432-9903 Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada)
+49.619.6773.9002 Germany Eschborn Toll
ChetE: AI to Chet: send Stefan Excel spreadsheet and OS standards HTML file - DONE / Closed
ChetE: AI to Chet: send Jacques suggestion on what would be good to pull from the data - Didn't do that. Next week.
ChetE: AI to Chet: send ideas for how we could use an intern to help extract and clean up data, write Java for HTML standards page, etc. to Scott - DONE / Closed
ChetE: AI to Stefan: extract data from the HTML of the OASIS Standards page - Ongoing
ChetE: Jaeques: can we get an intern to pull the data from the standards HTML?
ChetE: AI to Stefan: send info to Chet on Atlassian enhancements that make the tools more pleasant to use - Discussed last week / Close
ChetE: AI to Chet: get more information on Causeway product for the TAB - Ongoing
ChetE: AI to Chet: to check with Jamie to see if we can get an introduction to someone at IETF familiar with why they adopted DOIs for their work products we could talk with. - DONE / Closed
ChetE: Progress on OASIS specifications Google sheet
ChetE: Jacques: would be good to clarify what is our end goal
ChetE: Track what we can from the HTML standards file for starters
ChetE: We'd want CSPRD to be more specific - track the csprd e.g.
ChetE: J: what I need to figure out is not so much the query tool - it is mature and can get information out of the spread sheet - but rather providing a good entry form. That is - how to get the data into the google sheet
ChetE: 3 ways: 1) edit it directly. 2) manage a spreadsheet locally (again manually) and then from time to time convert to a google sheet. 3) (J working on this) create a web entry form more sophisticated than the default google sheet. (e.g. google doesn't let you use a pulldown for values)
ChetE: what you want is a form that is well constrained
ChetE: Kevin - have you looked at the google scripts to write scripts that can e.g. pull data across forms? J: yes, but if you have some info I'd appreciate it - there is no clear guidance from google
ChetE: Kevin: I use it all the time on the sheets themselves for going between sheets
ChetE: K: email a quick scenario to me and I can experiment with the scripts
ChetE: J: regardless of the HTML mapping problem, we are not far from being able to enter data using the form
ChetE: J: good if I would describe in a note what sort of query / tasks I would like to do.
ChetE: AI Chet
ChetE: J: pls include any analytics I'd like to se
ChetE: see
ChetE: Continue work on editor's manual
ChetE: Link -> https://docs.google.com/document/d/10s_66FDOq-3-6TxlJ_qs3Rq3HSGdFunzYnaTs6nT6Uo/edit#

Jacques D(Fujitsu): will be away for 3mn...

ChetE: J: - video / webinar might be a better way to get editor's attention on this document and use document as a secondary resource
ChetE: J: short - topical
ChetE: J: do it for every new TC - training for editors
ChetE: J: also webinar on conformance clauses as well
ChetE: Patrick: in terms of length, think t.v. - Steven Colbert - segments are short, less than 1/2 hour
ChetE: P: we could call it a webinar but why not break it into 5 to 7 minute segments (at the most), impactful and funny
ChetE: P: make it fun to watch one of these - short/makes a point/not boring
ChetE: Lets start with that in mind
ChetE: J: came across a video on secruity procedures on an airline - they did it in a funny way that got people
ChetE: P: can you find and share a link to that?
ChetE: J: another place where interns might be useful
ChetE: J: interns in communications programs would also know how to do this - on the cheap - and have acting talent to boot

20171103 (last edited 2017-12-01 19:10:43 by chet.ensign)