Minutes TAB call (March 21, 2018)

Action items

- (NEW) Chet to make agreed edit to part 3 of editor's manual then circulate to TAB for final approval

- (NEW) Stefan to get rest of OASIS Standards page data loaded to spread sheet

- Chet to request a GitHub for the TAB

- Chet to invite Scott to next meeting

- Jacques to add a filter for spec editors to the Google sheet query page.

- Stefan to load additional records to the extract before the next meeting.

Agenda

1) Roll call

2) Approve agenda

3) Approve minutes

4) Status of public reviews

5) Status of action items

6) Progress on the editor's manual

7) Demo Google sheet for Scott

8) AOB

Minutes

1. Roll call

Trey Darley
Jacques Durand
Patrick Durusau
Chet Ensign
Stefan Hagen

Invited expert:

Ashok Malhotra

2. Approve agenda

No discussion of agenda. No objections. Agenda unanimously approved.

3. Approve minutes

21 March: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tab/201803/msg00026.html

No discussion of minutes. No objections. Minutes unanimously approved.

4. Status of public reviews

No first public reviews underway

5. Status of action items

- Chet to request a GitHub for the TAB
Done. Closed. See https://github.com/oasis-open/tab-documentation

- Chet to invite Scott to next meeting
Done

- Jacques to add a filter for spec editors to the Google sheet query page.
Done. Closed.

- Stefan to load additional records to the extract before the next meeting.
Done. Closed.

6. Progress on editor's manual

Review and discussion about part 3 Work Product structure (see https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yA-wt2wB4NOpgoQ81VBfuJ1WPA1GK_BuddiVP_L6BnU/edit#heading=h.bi4fdsq13pue)

Discussion: is it ready to go?

Discussed using dated versus undated cross-references.

Patrick points out that when ISO specs use undated references that means that the expectation is that the latest version of the reference will be used. For example, in the case of Unicode which keeps adding characters.

Consensus to add text clarifying "when referencing external specs, please be as clear as to whether your work references a specific version. If your intent is that the latest version of that work always be used, you may leave the reference undated.

AI to Chet - make that addition to the doc, then circulate to TAB and ask for final approval.

7) Demo Google Sheet for Scott

Jacques shared OASIS-browser-new-sheetV4.htm. Showed how it can query the sheet like a database. Scott sees the value of this.

Discussed time frame for the OASIS platform migration. Wondering if we can have something deliverable by July - it does not need to linked to our migration. Agreement in TAB that we can.

Chet to put next steps for Google sheet on agenda for next meeting.

Stefan agreed to getting the rest of the data loaded in the sheet in one month.

8) AOB

No other business raised.

Because RSA conference feel on next TAB meeting, next meeting will be held Wednesday, May 2nd at 16:00 UTC.

Chat log

Chet: Agenda:
Chet: 1) Roll call

2) Approve agenda

3) Approve minutes

4) Status of public reviews

5) Status of action items

6) Demo Google sheet for Scott

7) Progress on the editor's manual

8) AOB
Chet: Attending: Trey, Jacques, Patrick, Ashok, Chet
Chet: Stefan joining
Stefan Hagen: @Chet: I am in (partially) ... voice will come soon
Chet: 2. Agenda - no disc, no obj, minutes approved
Chet: 3 Minutes
Chet: 21 March: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tab/201803/msg00026.html
Chet: No disc. No obj. Minutes approved.
Chet: 4. Public reviews.
Chet: No first reviews open
Chet: Action items:
Chet: Chet to request a GitHub for the TAB
Chet: Done. Closed.
Chet: Chet to invite Scott to next meeting
Chet: Done
Chet: Jacques to add a filter for spec editors to the Google sheet query page.
Chet: Done. Closed.
Chet: Stefan to load additional records to the extract before the next meeting.
Chet: Done. Closed.
Chet: - Progress on editors manual
Chet: Re part 3
Chet: Question to Patrick: is it ready to go?
Chet: P: 1. need to update the reference to ISO part 2. Trey already took care of that.
Chet: 2. Issue of dated versus undated references.
Chet: Patrick points out that ISO undated references - that means that the expectation is that the latest version of the reference will be used. Example - Unicode which keeps adding character s
Chet: Ashok: what happens when Unicode adds characters and my implementation support them? Is my spec still conformant?
Chet: Trey: it would be like ascii only unicode code points. not sure it is relevant whether your app displays it properly. it is kind of a special case.
Chet: Trey: it is like a reference to a registry. different from say pointing to TLS v1.2 as opposed to TLS
Chet: T: is there anything we need to do in the document itself
Chet: T: perhaps "when ref'ing external specs, please be as specific w/ regard to versioining or dating sa you feel you need to be, understanding that there may be cases when you leave it vague to account for the spec evolving
Chet: AI Chet - make that addition to the doc
Chet: Then circulate to TAB and ask for final approval
Chet: Table for next meeting: discuss using TAB GH for document delivery
Chet: part 4 - creating spec documents and use of tools
Chet: https://docs.google.com/document/d/10lt8f2pn_ebZTsWJiGYiWYzyo6NbjuTskvDcS2tSyPw/edit#heading=h.bi4fdsq13pue
Chet: Demo Google Sheet
Jacques (Fujitsu) uploaded file: OASIS-browser-new-sheetV4.htm
Trey Darley: Unfortunately I'm going to have to drop for an OpenC2 call.
Jacques (Fujitsu): Ooops, the call ended?
Ashok: yup ... ended by host it says
Chet: Does Zoom do that?
Trey Darley: Damn, I must've hit the wrong button.
Trey Darley: I can reopen the bridge...
Chet: Ok
Chet: Thx
Chet: Patrick / Ashok - we're back up
Chet: C: discussion about time frame for OASIS platform migration. Thinking we can focus on having something deliverable and up and running by July - it does not need to linked to our migration. We could get e.g. Jacques Query Page up now
Chet: Jacques: might want to think about what support we can provide
Chet: Put next steps for Google sheet on agenda
Chet: Scott: at what point do we think we can have all the data in the spread sheet
Chet: ?
Chet: Stefan - getting the data done is 1 month - in part because there are so many special cases you run into
Chet: Scott: any way we can crowd source? Stefan: probably not but I'm fine with the effort. Also have suggestions back to Chet to improve the workflow / efficiency. This is my main focus and motivation
Chet: S: this hasn't happened before is precisely because of all the work that Stefan is now doing - work foundered on the work needed to do the quality control on the data
Chet: Stefan: I'm able to do this due to prior art - did a similar project with dirty data that is now running fine. Same will happen here.
Sent transcript to: chet.ensign@oasis-open.org

20180404 (last edited 2018-04-25 21:43:51 by chet.ensign)