Action items

- NEW Chet - draft background info for Open Cup nominees

- NEW Chet - set up a TAB-hosted GitHub for ReSpec

- Chet to use Stefan's email to draft a proposal and circulate / refine it among us that can then be sent on to Scott

- Chet - revise the sections on announcing vulnerability and circulate back to TAB

Agenda

1) Roll call

2) Approve agenda

3) Approve minutes

4) Status of public reviews

5) Status of action items

6) Face-to-face meeting logistics

7) Open Cup awards

8) TAB Open Repo GitHub for customized ReSpec?

9) TAB role in reviewing / approving IANA registration applications?

10) Next steps for Google Sheet

11) AOB

Minutes

1) Roll call

Jacques Durand
Patrick Durusau
Chet Ensign
Stefan Hagen

Regrets - Trey Darley

Invited expert:

Ashok Malhotra

2) Agenda

No discussion of agenda. No objections to approval. Agenda approved.

3) Approve minutes

- 13 June 2018: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tab/201806/msg00022.html

No discussion. No objections. Minutes approved.

4) Status of public reviews

- Static Analysis Results Interchange Format (SARIF) Version 2.0 - ends July 24

5) Status of action items

- Chet to use Stefan's email to draft a proposal and circulate / refine it among us that can then be sent on to Scott
Still open.

Discussion - Patrick and Ashok have concerns about appearing to endorse on particular 3rd party product instead of allowing TCs flexibility of choice. Chet and Stefan to draft a proposal and circulate to TC for further discussion.

- Chet - revise the sections on announcing vulnerability and circulate back to TAB
Still open.

- Chet - update the spec templates with security considerations section and send out an announcement to chairs
Closed.

- Stefan to get rest of OASIS Standards page data loaded to spreadsheet
Closed.

6) Face-to-face logistics

Chet noted that the meetings this year are Wednesday, July 18th 9:00 AM - Friday July 20th noon.

Jacques and Stefan both have prior commitments during that time period.

Agreement that we won't hold the F2F with 2 members missing.

7) Open Cup awards

Nominees were sent to TAB in https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tab/201806/msg00029.html

Chet explained how we have handled selecting Open Cup winners in previous years for Stefan. Chet provides brief background information on each nominee. TAB members send their rankings, first to last, independently to Jacques. Jacques runs the resulting ranking through two ballot tools he uses and we determine the winner.

AI - Chet - draft background info for Open Cup nominees

8) TAB Open Repo GitHub for customized ReSpec?

Consensus is that TAB will host a GitHub for customized ReSpec.

AI - Chet - set up a TAB-hosted GitHub for ReSpec

9) TAB role in reviewing / approving IANA registration applications?

Consensus that the TAB is interested in doing this so that the burden of vetting the applications does not fall solely on OASIS staff. It can also serve to make the TAB more visible.

Suggestion that a support request be set up to seek TAB assistance with IANA submissions.

Next step - Chet will loop TAB in on next discussions of IANA registration by a TC and we'll see how it works.

10) Next steps for Google Sheet

Stefan sent TAB a completed spread sheet of records. It may, however, lack recent additions.

Jacques has loaded it and the results look very good.

Chet asked Jacques about setting up a query HTML page that would return a list of OASIS specifications and their citation formats. Jacques can do this; Chet to send a mock up.

AI - Stefan to review spread sheet against Standards page to identify any missing records.

AI - Chet to coordinate with Stefan on all new additions / updates to the OASIS Standards page

AI - Chet to send Jacques a mock up of an OASIS citation format list

11) AOB

No other business raised. Meeting adjourned.

Next meeting will be Wednesday, July 11, 2018 at at 16:00 UTC.

Chat log

Chet: Agenda (revised to add discussion of Google Docs):

1) Roll call

2) Approve agenda

3) Approve minutes

- 13 June 2018: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tab/201806/msg00022.html

4) Status of public reviews

- Static Analysis Results Interchange Format (SARIF) Version 2.0 - ends July 24

5) Status of action items

- NEW - Chet to use Stefan's email to draft a proposal and circulate / refine it among us that can then be sent on to Scott

- NEW - Chet - revise the sections on announcing vulnerability and circulate back to TAB

- NEW - Chet - update the spec templates with security considerations section and send out an announcement to chairs

- Stefan to get rest of OASIS Standards page data loaded to spreadsheet

6) Face-to-face meeting logistics

7) Open Cup awards

9) TAB role in reviewing / approving IANA registration applications?

10) Next steps for Google Sheet

11) AOB
Chet: Patrick, can't hear you on Zoom yet.
Chet: Attending: Ashok, Chet, Patrick - regrets Trey
Patrick: OK, I can hear you, let me check
Chet: Jacques joins
Patrick: can you hear me?
Ashok: No, not yet
Chet: Patrick, still not hearing you
Chet: Jacques, also don't hear you.
Chet: Audio interoperability - really?? this far down the road.
Chet: We have quorum
Chet: 2. Agenda
Chet: No discussion. No objs. Agenda.
Chet: 3. Minutes
Chet: No discussion. No objs. Minutes approved.
Chet: 4. Status of public reviews
Chet: 5. Actions
Chet: - NEW - Chet to use Stefan's email to draft a proposal and circulate / refine it among us that can then be sent on to Scott
Chet: Still open
Chet: Ashok/Patrick - discussed Swaggerhub. OASIS has traditionally been neutral about tooling. Given that there are other API tools out there, should OASIS pick a favorite?
Chet: Obviously the move to open source will require some changes to tooling.
Chet: Stefan joins
Jacques (Fujitsu): Some GitHub refugees go to GitLab
Chet: Stefan - if there are competitors in the open API space I'd be interested to know of them. OASIS can always add others.
Chet: Similar to OASIS also offering GitLab space, Bitbucket, etc.
Chet: Doesn't represent an endorsement
Chet: Patrick: the question in my mind is whether it will be a publication-only venue for OASIS versus are we talking about an instance of SH to be *used* by TCs. Stefan - the first - a publication-only venue
Patrick: Swaggerhub would be publication venue for OASIS the organization
Chet: - NEW - Chet - revise the sections on announcing vulnerability and circulate back to TAB
Chet: Still open
Chet: - NEW - Chet - update the spec templates with security considerations section and send out an announcement to chair
Chet: Done.
Chet: - Stefan to get rest of OASIS Standards page data loaded to spreadsheet
Done
Chet: 6) Face-to-face meeting logistics
Chet: F2F meeting logistics:

Wednesday, July 18th 9:00 AM - Friday July 20th noon

Meetings will be at the Oracle bldg on Van Der Graff Drive in Burlington. Walking distance from the Hyatt House hotel. Lunch provided.

OASIS event Wednesday night including Distinguished Contributors and Open Cup Winners

The TAB's presentation to the Board will be either Thursday or Friday. Schedule often shifts as Board priorities evolve. TAB welcome to sit in on any non-Executive sessions of Board meeting. I will share Board's agenda once it is published

Cathie Mayo has 1 room left at $189/night at Hyatt House
Chet: Jacques has vacation plans - returning Wednesday
Chet: Stefan also vacation conflict
Chet: Jacques - week of 24th / 27th would work
Stefan Hagen: Stefan two weeks holiday July 16 start ...
Chet: Take up plans off line
Chet: 7) Open Cup awards
Chet: Stefan - I will have trouble ranking due to conflict of interest.
Chet: S - looking forward to what info we can get to evaulate them
Chet: - TAB Open Repo GitHub for customized ReSpec?
Chet: Question - would the TAB like to host it ?
Chet: A: useful to any TC?
Chet: C: no - anyone could use
Chet: Stefan - we should help to funnel people to the tools - all in favor of hosting it
Chet: Be good if it would be a step towards helping ease new people into the organization
Chet: AI - Chet to set up respec as a TAB-hosted github
Chet: 9) TAB role in reviewing / approving IANA registration applications?
Chet: Question - does the TAB have an interest in reviewing applications?
Chet: Stefan - I enjoy the conformance clause guidance & it is something that the members have benefited
Chet: S - on IANA registration - some subject matter board like the TAB should be in a guidance position to help - and not have it totally on Community Steward's shoulders. Maybe have a request form for help
Chet: Jacques - yes, it would help make the work of the TAB more visible. Still not so good at making our content visible. Should we revise the wiki pages we made for other guidelines? We should consider what we can do to make the TAB content more helpful and visible.
Chet: Chet will loop in the TAB on the next round.
Chet: 0) Next steps for Google Sheet
Chet: Stefan - AI - review the spread sheet for completeness for any new works
Chet: Chet - AI - alert Stefan to any thing I'll be adding to the list
Chet: Question to Jacques - would it be possible to put together a page displaying OASIS specficiations and their citation formats
Chet: Jacques has all 229 records entered now and displaying
Chet: Chet - AI - send Jacques illustration of the query results I'd like to see

20180627 (last edited 2018-06-28 15:52:49 by chet.ensign)