Action items

- Chet - set up a TAB-hosted GitHub for ReSpec

- Chet to update slides and load to Board F2F meeting folder.

- Chet to forward Swaggerhub email to Scott

- Chet to add Board Process Committee members to the doc then send a note to BPC along with explanation that we are looking into details around contacting OASIS

- NEW Chet - find out and communicate when next year's July F2F will be

- NEW Chet - send links to Open Proj set up checklist and other documents to TAB.

- NEW Chet - send the project comparison matrix to the TAB for review.

Agenda

1) Roll call

2) Approve agenda

3) Approve minutes

June 27th: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tab/201806/msg00035.html

July 11th: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tab/201807/msg00036.html

4) Update on infrastructure migration and Open Projects

5) Brainstorming on where you would like to see the TAB go

6) AOB

Minutes

1) Roll call

Jacques Durand
Chet Ensign
Stefan Hagen

Trey Darley - regrets
Patrick Durusau - absent

Invited expert:

Ashok Malhotra

Meeting did not have quorum. Discussion only.

4) Update on infrastructure migration and Open Projects

Chet gave an update on Open Projects. Mechanics are in place. Business development has a couple of candidates in discussion.

AI to Chet to send links to Open Proj set up checklist and other documents to TAB.

Chet gave update on infrastructure. Direction has changed. We have documented a slow but steady decline in TC activity over last five years. In addition, market is shifting to open source. Also, Kavi acquisition by Higher Logic seems to be improving our performance and experience. So we don't see value to spending money to get off Kavi and gain no new capabilities. Focus will instead be on other infrastructure changes that we also need.

Chet also explained the new Foundation in a Box proposal. This would be for groups that want to have their own separate identity, rules, accounts, etc. One difference from other programs is that they can not produce OASIS Standards. AI to Chet to send the project comparison matrix to the TAB for review.

5) Brainstorming on what TAB wants to do next year

We did not have much time to discuss. Chet shared 2017/2018 work plan.

Stefan noted that if TC activity is declining, it makes sense for the TAB to focus on helping with the new initiatives succeed. Perhaps the TAB can help to identify candidates for Open Projects, focus on areas where we can have a impact and help people to try stuff on their own. Give advice on a sound technical basis to help OASIS try things and quickly identify what isn't working.

We will put this on the agenda for our next call.

Meeting adjourned.

Next meeting will be Wednesday, September 5th at 16:00 UTC.

Chat log

Chet: Agenda:

1) Roll call

2) Approve agenda

3) Approve minutes

4) Update on infrastructure migration and Open Projects

5) Brainstorming on where you would like to see the TAB go

6) AOB

Chet: Minutes to be approved:
June 27th: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tab/201806/msg00035.html

July 11th: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tab/201807/msg00036.html

Chet: Regrets from Trey.
Chet: Jacques, you are dialing in by phone?
Chet: AI: Chet - find out when next year's July F2F will be
Chet: Discussion: explaining FiaB
Chet: AI: send links to OP documents for review
Chet: Roll call: Jacques, Stefan, Chet, Ashok
Chet: Not yet quorate. Discussion only.
Chet: AI: send TAB the product comparison spread sheet
Chet: Discussion of OP status
Chet: The TAB work plan for 2017/2018 is now approved.

Strategic
Support staff in the development of the new OASIS IT tools and interfaces (E.g. testing; 'as a chair perspective)

Support staff with the self-cert undertaking in the CTI and LegalDocML TCs

Tactical
Develop master citation list to track OASIS work product progress and act as a master citation list for OASIS Standards and Committee Specifications (similar to W3C and IETF lists)

Find opportunities to automate tasks to help members / staff increase productivity (e.g. generating the text of announcements, ballots, templates)

Take steps to support TCs and editors get started on a good footing (e.g. presentations to TCs during their first meetings; offer office-hour-type meetings with editors)

Guidance / Best Practices
Complete the OASIS Editor's manual

Draft OASIS Chairs manual

Draft advice to TCs on how to use collaborative editing tools

Review / reorganize TAB homepage and TAB documents

Ongoing
Comments to TCs on 1st public reviews

Maintain W3C and IETF citation master lists
Chet: S: one feedback - knowing the lower number of TCs working, perhaps we should think about what we can coming up with from our knowledge of Open Projects.
Chet: So reduce support for TC activities
Chet: And focus more on the new directions
Chet: J: TAB has been focused on improving operations. We could fill our agenda with that? Anything in OPs we can focus on.
Chet: ?
Chet: Idea for areas to mine - feedback on the program itself
Chet: S: appreciate a focus on an area where we can have a impact and help people to try stuff on their own - give advice on a sound technical basis to help OASIS try things and quickly identify what isn't working
Chet: no so much on the bread and butter operations
Chet: J: we are well positioned to be able to point out what can be improved - but we could spend all our time on that
Sent transcript to: chet.ensign@oasis-open.org

20180822 (last edited 2018-08-24 21:13:42 by chet.ensign)