Action items

- Chet - set up a TAB-hosted GitHub for ReSpec
DONE.

- Chet to forward Swaggerhub email to Scott
DONE.

- Chet to add Board Process Committee members to the vulnerability white paper then send a note to BPC along with an explanation that we are looking into details around contacting OASIS
DONE.

- Chet - find out and communicate when next year's July F2F will be

- Chet - send links to Open Proj set up checklist and other documents to TAB.

- Chet - send the project comparison matrix to the TAB for review.
DONE.

- NEW - Stefan to talk to members of SARIF and DSSX TCs to see who might be interested in trialing SwaggerHub for an API.

- NEW - Chet to follow up with the Swaggerhub guys, provide feedback on our discussion and ask about using free license to trial.

- NEW - Chet find out if Higher Logic has improved support of Kavi, in particular implementing an API

Agenda

) Roll call

2) Approve agenda

3) Approve minutes

4) Status of public reviews

5) Status of Action items

6) Brainstorming on what you would like to do for 2018/2019

7) Status of Swaggerhub proposal

8 ) AOB

Minutes

1) Roll call

Trey Darley
Patrick Durusau
Chet Ensign
Stefan Hagen

Regrets: Jacques Durand

Invited expert: Ashok Malhotra

2) Approve agenda

No discussion of agenda. No objections to unanimous approval. Agenda approved.

3) Approve minutes

- June 27th: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tab/201806/msg00035.html

- July 11th: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tab/201807/msg00036.html

- August 22nd: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tab/201808/msg00016.html

No discussion of minutes. No objections to unanimous approval. Minutes approved.

4) Status of public reviews

- Digital Signature Service Core Protocols, Elements, and Bindings Version 2.0, ends Sept. 28th

- OSLC Architecture Management Version 2.1, ends Sept. 20th

5) Status of Action items

- Chet - set up a TAB-hosted GitHub for ReSpec Done. Note that developers have not yet used the repo. Chet emailed them a reminder that it is available.

- Chet to forward Swaggerhub email to Scott
Done. Chet will recap conversation with SH engineer.

- Chet to add Board Process Committee members to the vulnerability white paper then send a note to BPC along with an explanation that we are looking into details around contacting OASIS
Done. Chet will ask Martin when the committee will begin meeting.

- NEW Chet - find out and communicate when next year's July F2F will be
Open. They have not scheduled it yet.

- NEW Chet - send links to Open Proj set up checklist and other documents to TAB.
Open.

- NEW Chet - send the project comparison matrix to the TAB for review.
Done.

6) Status of Swaggerhub proposal

Switched the order of the agenda. Chet recapped conversation with Gary Large and Brendan from Smart Bear Software. OASIS could likely start with a 25 license package ($7,500/year). That should more than handle initial interest.

Identified DSSX, OData, OpenC2, and SARIF as TCs that might have an initial interest.

Consensus that having an initial API developed to demo to a select group of TC members interested in developing APIs is better than just asking about interest in the abstract.

AI - Stefan to talk to members of SARIF and DSSX TCs to see who might be interested in trialing SwaggerHub for an API.

AI - Chet to follow up with the Swaggerhub guys, provide feedback on our discussion and ask about using free license to trial.

7) Brainstorming on what you would like to do for 2018/2019

Conversation centered on how we might support development of a new OASIS website.

Patrick proposed prototyping what we could assemble from existing stores of information on the website now. Stefan concurs that we should see what we can harvest from the structured content already available.

Trey asked why we aren't using Drupal's CMS capabilities? Is there an installation where we can poke around? Chet answered yes.

No conclusions reached. We'll continue the discussion on the next call.

8) AOB

No other business raised.

Next meeting will be 26 September 2018 at 16:00 UTC.

Minutes submitted by Chet Ensign, 13 September 2018.

Chat log

Chet: Be with you all shortly - on phoen with Swaggerhub
Stefan Hagen: (y)
Chet: Attending: Stefan, Patrick, Trey, Chet - Ashok
Chet: 2 - agenda
Chet: no discussion, no objs, agenda approved
Chet: 3 approve minutes
Chet: no discussion, no objs, minutes approved.
Chet: 4 public reviews

Chet: 5 - status of action items
anonymous morphed into Trey
Chet: - Chet - set up a TAB-hosted GitHub for ReSpec
Done
Chet: - Chet to forward Swaggerhub email to Scott
Chet: Done
Chet: - Chet to add Board Process Committee members to the doc then send a note to BPC along with an explanation that we are looking into details around contacting OASIS
Done
Chet: - NEW Chet - find out and communicate when next year's July F2F will be
OPEN
Chet: - NEW Chet - send links to Open Proj set up checklist and other documents to TAB.
Chet: OPEN
Chet: - NEW Chet - send the project comparison matrix to the TAB for review.
DONE
Chet: 7 - Status SwaggerHub
Stefan Hagen: First external request via public comment: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/DSSX-24
Chet: Chet recaps the phone call
Chet: Stefan - DSSX looking towards the market - they are getting a request for libraries and this would fit
Chet: Chet - how can we line up interest / candidate?
Chet: Send a query from the TAB to the chairs@ to ask for interest
Chet: Stefan - can we set up a small test case?
Chet: So they don't have to think about it on the greenfield
Chet: CSAF had some clever ideas for setting up a webpage from Github
Chet: So if we can give people a recipe that will help
Chet: Patrick: like the idea of sending the chairs something they can react to - sometimes communication with chairs is more successful than others - if we could identify the people who might be developers of APIs who would see the value
Chet: P: should be some way to do that
Chet: Stefan - Open Projects will be even more interested in this
Chet: to round out the capabilities
Chet: Maybe use free license as a test case
Chet: Maybe hold a special meeting for interested parties - ping OpenC2, MQTT, CAMP, etc.
Chet: Stefan: OData and DSSX are ready to put thinigs up now
Chet: Stefan: SARIF may also be eager to do this
Chet: AI - Stefan to talk to SARIF and DSSX
Chet: AI - Chet to follow up with the Swaggerhub guys
Chet: AI - Chet to follow up with OData, DSSX and SARIF about the opportunity
Chet: 7 - brainstorming for next year
Chet: Strategic
Support staff in the development of the new OASIS IT tools and interfaces (E.g. testing; 'as a chair perspective)
Support staff with the self-cert undertaking in the CTI and LegalDocML TCs Tactical
Develop master citation list to track OASIS work product progress and act as a master citation list for OASIS Standards and Committee
Specifications (similar to W3C and IETF lists) Find opportunities to automate tasks to help members / staff increase productivity (e.g. generating the text of announcements, ballots, templates)
Take steps to support TCs and editors get started on a good footing (e.g. presentations to TCs during their first meetings; offer office-hour-type meetings with editors)
Guidance / Best Practices
Complete the OASIS Editor's manual
Draft OASIS Chairs manual
Draft advice to TCs on how to use collaborative editing tools
Review / reorganize TAB homepage and TAB documents
Ongoing
Comments to TCs on 1st public reviews
Maintain W3C and IETF citation master lists
Stefan Hagen: Well, openc2? People would bing/google it and end up at openc2.org - I doubt the want to go on a scavenger hunt at oasis-open.org for it
Chet: Talking about proposals for OASIS web site
Chet: Trey - what's the platform
Chet: Chet: Drupal and Kavi
Chet: Kavi didn't have an API that I know of - maybe now
Chet: API would be a way to make things more dynamic
Chet: AI - CHET - FIND
Chet: find out if service from Higher logic has improved
Chet: Stefan
Chet: - Scott said he won't survive another rework of the web pages - so let's not talk about presentation, let's talk about what we want to show to the world in some digestible format- CHET - FIND
Chet: find out if service from Higher logic has improved
Chet: we maybe know where we could inject info into the web pages
Chet: if we can aggreate the important content - what do people want to see?
Chet: Patrick - in terms of driving some terms of progress - listing what we'd like to see has been done and hasn't been very effective - if we could actually generate the sorts of pages we'd like to see that we could present to management - we could write xquery statements that query kavi, etc. and put together a page to show - e.g. show the highest ranked hits on a work product - if we could do some data aggregation
Chet: Ashok - are we going to adopt Google sheet idea?
Chet: asking because is there stuff we could extract from that?
Chet: Trey - so Drupal is a CMS. why don't we take more advantage of that?
Chet: Do we have access to the Drupal platform - yes, we can talk with Bitlancer about it
Chet: Having our calling card (the website) be from the 90's doesn't help our face to the world
Chet: Comes down to building teh business case
Chet: stefan - it is a bug fix, not just an improvement. for me it would be sufficient to focus on harvesting on the most accessible things we can get -
Chet: two very different tasks - continuously harvesting and presenting the rich strurted material that we could be exploiting much better
Sent transcript to: chet.ensign@oasis-open.org

20180912 (last edited 2018-09-13 16:12:52 by chet.ensign)