Action items

- Chet - find out and communicate when next year's July F2F will be

- Chet to follow up with the Swaggerhub guys, provide feedback on our discussion and ask about using free license to trial.

- Chet to check with Jamie on risks posed by embargoes of vulnerability reports

- Chet to consider publishing the white paper to the TAB web page

- Chet see how we might gain query access to shadow databases

Agenda

1) Roll call

2) Approve agenda

3) Approve minutes

4) Status of public reviews

5) Status of action items

6) Ideas for work items for the coming year

7) Proposal to change naming conventions

8 ) TAB visibility (was 'TAB swag')

9) TAB ideas for proposing TC web page improvements

10) AOB

Minutes

1) Roll call

Trey Darley
Jacques Durand
Patrick Durusau
Chet Ensign
Stefan Hagen

Invited experts:

Paul Knight
Ashok Malhotra

2) Approve agenda

No discussion of agenda. No objections to approval. Agenda approved.

3) Approve minutes

10 October 2018: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tab/201810/msg00028.html

No discussion of minutes. No objections to approval. Minutes approved.

4) Status of public reviews

No first round reviews opened

5) Status of action items

- Chet - find out and communicate when next year's July F2F will be
Complete and closed. Meetings will be July 24-26

- Chet to follow up with the Swaggerhub guys, provide feedback on our discussion and ask about using free license to trial.
Open

- Chet to check with Jamie on risks posed by embargoes of vulnerability reports
Open

- Chet to consider publishing the white paper to the TAB web page
Complete and closed. Topic raised with Board Process Committee

- Chet see how we might gain query access to shadow databases
Open

Topic 7 and 6 switched.

7) Proposal for changing naming conventions

Chet recapped the request from the OSLC TCs and its background. TC would like to be able to easily use relative links while drafting using ReSpec HTML in GitHub so requested we remove version # and stage from filename and parts directories from URLs.

Patrick noted that a great deal of deliberation went into deciding current structure. Ashok asked what impacts might be on existing publications. Wouldn't this result in mixed protocols?

Patrick asks how big a problem this is for the TC. Notes that ODF has numerous inter-spec links that are all populated by script.

No support expressed for the change.

AI: Patrick and Chet to look into archives for additional background on the naming plan.

AI: Chet to write up a summary for the Board Process Committee (to keep them informed) and send back to TAB for consideration.

6) Ideas for work items for coming year

Tabled.

8 ) TAB visibility

Tabled.

9) TAB ideas for proposing TC web page improvements

Tabled.

10) AOB

No other business raised.

Next meeting will be 07 November 2018 at 16:00 UTC.

Minutes submitted by Chet Ensign, 31 October 2018.

Chat log

Chet: Draft agenda:

1) Roll call

2) Approve agenda

3) Approve minutes

10 October 2018: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tab/201810/msg00028.html

4) Status of public reviews

No first round reviews opened

5) Status of action items

- Chet - find out and communicate when next year's July F2F will be

- Chet to follow up with the Swaggerhub guys, provide feedback on our discussion and ask about using free license to trial.

- Chet to check with Jamie on risks posed by embargoes of vulnerability reports

- Chet to consider publishing the white paper to the TAB web page

- Chet see how we might gain query access to shadow databases

6) Ideas for work items for the coming year

7) Proposal to change naming conventions

9) TAB ideas for proposing TC web page improvements

10) AOB
Chet: Attending: Trey, Patrick, Stefan, Ashok
Chet: 2) agenda - any suggestions. no ojs.
Chet: 3) minutes - no discussion, no objections, minutes approved.
Chet: 4) public reviews
Chet: 5) action items
Jacques (Fujitsu): currently on travel, will have to leave in ~30-40mn
Chet: - Chet - find out and communicate when next year's July F2F will be
Chet: The board / TAB F2F will july 22
Chet: Specifically July 24 - 26th
Chet: Done
Chet: - Chet to follow up with the Swaggerhub guys, provide feedback on our discussion and ask about using free license to trial
Chet: Not done
Chet: - Chet to check with Jamie on risks posed by embargoes of vulnerability reports
Chet: Still open
Chet: - Chet to consider publishing the white paper to the TAB web page
Chet: Done
Chet: - Chet see how we might gain query access to shadow databases
' Chet: Still pen
Chet: Jacques joins. Paul joins.
Chet: switch 7 and 6
Chet: Naming Directives: http://docs.oasis-open.org/specGuidelines/ndr/namingDirectives.html
Trey uploaded file: Selection_070.png
anonymous morphed into Paul Knight (OASIS)
Chet: Naming conventions
Chet: Chet recaps the request and background
Chet: Paul - in favor of those changes needed to enable TC to be able to create cross-part links w/o having to change them. That seems to be removing the stage part.
Chet: e.g. -csprd01-
Paul Knight (OASIS): http://docs.oasis-open.org/[tc-shortname]/[WP-abbrev]/[version-id]/[stage-abbrev][revisionNumber]/[partNumber]-[partName]/[doc-id].[ext]
Chet: Filename -> [WP-abbrev]-[version-id]-[stage-#]-[OPTIONALart#-partName].[ext]
Chet:
Paul Knight (OASIS): [WP-abbrev]-[version-id]-[stage-abbrev][revisionNumber]-[partNumber]-[partName].[ext]
Paul Knight (OASIS): remove [stage-abbrev][revisionNumber]
Chet: Not in favor of removing part directory from URL
Ashok: Remove or make optional?
Chet: Removing -stage#- from filename is a minimal change
Chet: ashok: what about older directories? Chet - we have that problem now
Chet: ashok: how would it work if you remove the stage abbrev and #? what about existing specs?
Chet: Patrick: looking in archives - TAB spent enormous amount of time on developing this. Months working on it.
Chet: P: this would not be a huge number of URLs to change. should be a simple script to fix. Maybe 20 URLs. Don't see the business case, the need for this
Chet: Stefan: It would be good to ask them how much this would really affect them...
Chet: Paul: from viewpoint of a multi-part spec as a single work product changing from stage to stage, I can see that having an unchanging relative url for their editing purposes would be an advantage
Patrick: If not changed with each stage, which document does a link refer to?
Chet: Patrick: Paul - if the document label doesn't have stages and I have a link, what doc does it refer to?
Paul Knight (OASIS): My proposal would only be for multi-part specs
Chet: P: if all files drop stage information, then they're all going to have the same name.
Jacques (Fujitsu): Sorry have to drop now... bye.
Chet: P: Other thing is that staff shouldn't have to do global search & replace - they should have to provide the list
Chet: Paul: that could be work for specs done in MS Word
Chet: Paul: agree - don't want to have to edit TC work products
Chet: What was the reason for including all of it? Patrick: so that when files get shared outside of Oasis, it would be obvious what version I had in hand. I could tell whether I had the final one or a draft. So for people who are obtaining files from outside of Oasis
Chet: that's one of the reasons that I recall from the discussions
Chet: Take a look at the TAB wiki for background
Chet: Paul: we are likely to get more cases like this - where specification is there are a lot of interlinked parts and where the TC is doing lots of cross-part relative linking. do we have a way to publish it as a unit (unzip it and have it work on your computer)? Let the TC hand us a zip file that they assert is correct and then have us publish it
Chet: ashok: question - if it is a zip file then I can specify where to unzip it - this could change your base uri - so all my relative urls might not work. Paul: so long as they weren't full paths
Chet: P: now, I can link to an item from outside successfully
Chet: AI: poke in TAB wiki for historical data - Patrick provide any background
Chet: AI: draft up a communication ot the BPC and I will ask if they want to discuss it - circulate to TAB first
Sent transcript to: chet.ensign@oasis-open.org

20181024 (last edited 2018-10-31 19:08:44 by chet.ensign)