Action items

- Chet to follow up with the Swaggerhub guys, provide feedback on our discussion and ask about using free license to trial.

- Chet to check with Jamie on risks posed by embargoes of vulnerability reports

- Chet see how we might gain query access to shadow databases

- Chet NEW - correct invitation times for TAB going forward

- Patrick, Jacques NEW - please provide feedback on OpenC2 TC's first csprds

- Chet NEW - write up a draft work plan and send to the list for reaction.

Agenda

1) Roll call

2) Approve agenda

3) Approve minutes

4) Status of public reviews

5) Status of action items

6) Work plan for coming year

7) Committee Note Template preferences

8) Drafting vulnerability policy document

9) Proposals for improving the errata process

10) AOB

Minutes

* = present

1) Roll call

Trey Darley

Jacques Durand

Invited experts:

2) Approve agenda

Discussion of meeting time. Need to fix it on the TAB calendar to be 5:00 PM UTC going forward.

No further discussion. No objections to approval. Agenda approved.

3) Approve minutes

24 October 2018: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/email/archives/201810/msg00050.html

No discussion. No objections to approval. Minutes approved.

4) Status of public reviews

3 CSPRD01s, the first publications from the OpenC2 TC, open for review until December 10th.

Announcement is at https://www.oasis-open.org/news/announcements/invitation-to-comment-on-three-open-command-and-control-openc2-specifications-end

Chet has added the specs to the Versions field in the TAB's JIRA.

A.I. to Patrick and Jacques - please provide some feedback since this is the TC's first publications out for review.

5) Status of action items

- Chet to follow up with the Swaggerhub guys, provide feedback on our discussion and ask about using free license to trial. OPEN

- Chet to check with Jamie on risks posed by embargoes of vulnerability reports. OPEN

- Chet see how we might gain query access to shadow databases OPEN

- Patrick and Chet to look into archives for additional background on the naming plan. DONE

- Chet to write up a summary of naming directives request for the Board Process Committee and send back to TAB for consideration. CLOSE w/ no action. We are in contact with the requester about solutions.

6) Work plan for coming year

Looked at suggestions Chet sent in https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/email/archives/201811/msg00015.html

Consensus that we could offer the first half of TAB meetings as open office hours to anyone who wanted to talk with us about a subject. It could be a channel that would pull in more interested folks.

Ashok raised topic of how TAB can help Open Projects. Ideas were: help with documentation; help proposers craft charters; walk through the technical steps to set up as a way to test our current infrastructure; posting or other steps to get the word out; help identify features / infrasturcture that would make OP attractive for developers.

Chet noted that Jory Burson, an open source community builder, is working part time with OASIS on the program. Consider inviting her to a TAB meeting to brainstorm with us

Next step: Chet write up a draft work plan and send to the list for reaction.

7) Committee Note Template preferences

Looked at the alternatives. Consensus is that we all prefer option 3. TC Admin will publish this as the new CN template.

8) Drafting vulnerability policy document

Tabled until next meeting

9) Proposals for improving the errata process

Tabled until next meeting

10) AOB

No other business raised.

Next meeting will be 12 December 2018 at 17:00 UTC/6:00 PM Geneva/Noon US east coast/9:00 AM US west coast.

Minutes submitted by Chet Ensign, 04 December 2018.

Chat log

Chet: Proposed agenda:

Chet: 1) Roll call

2) Approve agenda

3) Approve minutes

24 October 2018: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/email/archives/201810/msg00050.html

4) Status of public reviews

3 CSPRD01s, the first from the OpenC2 TC, open for review until December 10th:

Announcement at https://www.oasis-open.org/news/announcements/invitation-to-comment-on-three-open-command-and-control-openc2-specifications-end

5) Status of action items

- Chet to follow up with the Swaggerhub guys, provide feedback on our discussion and ask about using free license to trial.

- Chet to check with Jamie on risks posed by embargoes of vulnerability reports.

- Chet see how we might gain query access to shadow databases

- Patrick and Chet to look into archives for additional background on the naming plan.

- Chet to write up a summary for the Board Process Committee (to keep them informed) and send back to TAB for consideration.

6) Work plan for coming year

See https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/email/archives/201811/msg00015.html

7) Committee Note Template preferences

See https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/email/archives/201811/msg00013.html

8 ) Drafting vulnerability policy document

See https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/email/archives/201811/msg00011.html

9) Proposals for improving the errata process

See https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/email/archives/201811/msg00012.html

10) AOB anonymous morphed into Patrick
Patrick: https://github.com/w3c/respec/wiki/ReSpec-Editor's-Guide
Stefan Hagen: @Chet: Do we meet at 4pm UTC or do we all silently add one hour during standard time?
Chet: I think I got caught by the switch back.
Chet: Is it 4PM your time now?
Chet: I'll have to fix the calendar entries on kavi
Chet: We're standing by to hold the call now
Chet: https://zoom.us/j/217315360
Stefan Hagen: No 5pm UTC and 6pm my time
Stefan Hagen: (y)
Chet: We'll figure this out once you get on.
Stefan Hagen: Maybe you start with voice and i join ... the disappearance of the meeting page made me think I had missed another cancellation
Stefan Hagen: and I have to get some network that can carry the voice
Chet: OK.
Chet: Do you need the dial in info?
Chet: Stefan, here are the #'s from the event invitation:
Chet: We'll start going on with the meeting.
Chet: Agenda - no disc, no obj, agenda appvd
Chet: Minutes - 24 October - no disc, any objections to appvl?
Chet: None heard - minutes appvd
Chet: Public reviews
Chet: 3 OpenC2 specs - link in agenda
Chet: These are the OpenC2 specs - editing went via Google Doc -> DOCX -> HTML/ PDF so some formatting issues may be there
Chet: The TCs first PR so any feedback would be welcome
Chet: I need to check TAB JIRA and make sure I added the components
Chet: Also ping Jacques and ask him to take a look at conformance clauses in particular
Chet: Relation between OpenC2 and MITRE? Yes - but the spec itself was not a MITRE project
Chet: MITRE definitely on CTI - seems less involved in OpenC2
Chet: Action items
Chet: Chet to follow up with the Swaggerhub guys, provide feedback on our discussion and ask about using free license to trial.
OPEN
Chet: Chet to check with Jamie on risks posed by embargoes of vulnerability reports.
OPEN
Chet: Chet see how we might gain query access to shadow databases
OPEN
Chet: Patrick and Chet to look into archives for additional background on the naming plan.
DONE
Chet: Chet to write up a summary for the Board Process Committee (to keep them informed) and send back to TAB for consideration.
CLOSE w/ no action
Chet: MEETING TIMES
Chet: We need to go back to 5:00 UTC for future meetings
Chet: Work plan
Chet: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab/email/archives/201811/msg00015.html
Chet: Stefan: open office hours - make first part of TAB call open to all OASIS members
Chet: Perhaps we need other channels to pull in more active community members
Stefan Hagen: Stefan +1 for not having to offer another slot for open office hours
Chet: Ok let's do that
Chet: Ashok: what can the TAB help OP's with?
Chet: help w/ documentation
Chet: help proposers w/ charters
Chet: walk through steps with me and poke holes in our current infrastructure
Chet: Invite Jory to come brainstorm with us
Chet: getting the word out - postings or other outreadh
Chet: help identify features / infrasturcture that would make OP attractive for developers
Chet: Patrick: talked about looking at the workflow on TC/OP project page - if we took a workflow approach to what people get - get away from a one-size fits-all page to tailored pages for the casual user
Chet: P: we could ask Jory if she has background in training - we've written so much on conformance clauses and yet they don't seem to get it. If we could put together a video e.g. showing how to write a conformance clause
Chet: Chet write up a draft and send around
Chet: CN templates
Chet: Stefan: likes the black better - readability, etc. Light is hard to read and would not print well in black and white
Chet: S: about time to get an updated look out
Chet: S: like 3 because it is consistent with the current look of our docs. This least shrill design you can settle on is the best.
Chet: P: +1
Chet: C: +1
Sent transcript to: chet.ensign@oasis-open.org

20181128 (last edited 2018-12-04 21:37:40 by chet.ensign)