Action items

- Chet to follow up with the Swaggerhub guys, provide feedback on our discussion

- Chet to check with Jamie on risks posed by embargoes of vulnerability reports

- Chet see how we might gain query access to shadow databases

- Patrick, Jacques - please provide feedback on OpenC2 TC's first csprds

- Chet - send draft work plan to Board for review

- Chet - connect Patrick and Paul to work out a solution to converting relative links when publishing TC work products

- Chet - send announcement of TAB office hours to OASIS members

- NEW - Chet - revise the announcement and send to TAB for reaction

- NEW - Chet - look through email for examples of questions I've had from TCs.

Agenda

1) Roll call

2) Approve agenda

3) Approve minutes

4) Status of public reviews

5) Status of action items

6) Draft email on office hours

7) Drafting vulnerability policy

8) AOB

Minutes

Chet: Happy 2019 everybody!

1) Roll call

Jacques Durand
Patrick Durusau
Chet Ensign
Stefan Hagen

Invited experts:

Ashok Malhotra

Regrets:

Trey Darley

2) Approve agenda

No discussion of agenda. No objections to unanimous approval. Agenda approved

3) Approve minutes

- 12 Dec. 2018

No discussion of minutes. No objections to unanimous approval. Minutes approved

4) Status of public reviews

- TAXII Version 2.1, ends Jan. 21st

- OSLC Query Version 3.0, ends Feb. 7th

Chet noted that the OSLC spec uses tags in the body of the text to automatically create the conformance clause section in ReSpec. TAB could provide feedback on how well this worked. Discussion of inadequacies in current approach and possible improvements.

5) Status of action items

- Chet to follow up with the Swaggerhub guys, provide feedback on our discussion.
Open. Chet checked APIs set up on Swaggerhub and asked Andreas for feedback.

- Chet to check with Jamie on risks posed by embargoes of vulnerability reports.
Open. Chet sent question to Jamie.

- Chet see how we might gain query access to shadow databases
Open.

- Patrick, Jacques - please provide feedback on OpenC2 TC's first csprds
Closed.

- Chet - send draft work plan to Board for review
Closed. Draft sent. No feedback yet.

- Chet - connect Patrick and Paul to work out a solution to converting relative links when publishing TC work products
Closed. Paul and Patrick working together.

- Chet - send announcement of TAB office hours to OASIS members
Open. Draft sent to TAB for review.

6) Draft email on office hours

First draft of message: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tab/201901/msg00006.html

Consensus is that we should ask for advance notice so that we can add people to the agenda. Not leave it open to just show up.

Agreed that this will mostly appeal to editors. We should publicize topics so others interested can dial in. Consider sending the agenda to the chairs@ mailing list when there is an interesting topic under discussion.

Consensus that we should send the announcement to members@ mailing list.

Patrick suggested seeding the list initially by soliciting some questions. Discussed having TAB members write individually to to specific chairs.

Next steps:

Chet to revise the announcement and send to TAB for reaction

Chet to look through email for examples of questions I've had from TCs.

7) Drafting vulnerability policy

Tabled to next meeting

8) AOB

Jacques asks for on-line Google sheet to be added to next meeting's agenda.

Meeting adjourned.

Next meeting will be 23 January 2019 at 17:00 UTC

Chat log

Chet: Trey sends his regrets
Ashok1: I am on the call. In Mexico. Technically challenged
Chet: Attending: Patrick, Jacques, Chet, Ashok.
Chet: Meeting has quorum.
Chet: Agenda - no discussion, no objs, agenda approved
Chet: minutes - no disc, no obj, minutes approved
Chet: status of public reviews
Chet: update on the respec approach to conformance clauses
Chet: action items
Chet: - Chet to follow up with the Swaggerhub guys, provide feedback on our discussion and ask about using free license to trial.
Chet: Still open - contacted Andreas
Chet: - Chet to check with Jamie on risks posed by embargoes of vulnerability reports
Chet: Still open
Chet: pinged Jamie again
Chet: - Chet see how we might gain query access to shadow databases
Still open
Chet: - Patrick, Jacques - please provide feedback on OpenC2 TC's first csprds
Done
Chet: - Chet - send draft work plan to Board for review
Done
Chet: - Chet - connect Patrick and Paul to work out a solution to converting relative links when publishing TC work products
Done
Chet: - Chet - send announcement of TAB office hours to OASIS members
Still open
Chet: announcement of office hours
Chet: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tab/201901/msg00006.html
Chet: review the text
Chet: Ashok: suggest a bit more discursive - email and we'll put you on the agenda
Chet: Patrick: people may have questions that others would find interesting
Chet: So set a time so that we can post the agenda with the question for others to review
Chet: Jacques: +1 - should have more advance notice than just the day before
Chet: maybe send the agenda out to the chairs@ mailing list when there is something of interest
Chet: also, set the time frame expectation as part of the agenda so they know how long
Stefan Hagen: Sorry, but having trouble to connect via voice ... retrying
Chet: ok
Chet: ok
Chet: members@ or chairs@ -
Chet: ?
Chet: Jacques - editors are the ones who'll be interested - so send to member@
Stefan Hagen: @Chet: Is 895948467 the correct meeting number for zoom and today?
Chet: patrick - seed the list via a friendly hcair
Chet: stefan, I'll check
Chet: Stefan, zoom meeting # is
Stefan Hagen: (It is from the event page)
Chet: 895948467
Chet: Yep, that is correct
Stefan Hagen: I just continue trying and follow the chat for today
Chet: Jacques - best to address a real use case when we are talking to members
Chet: if it is a real problem, others may be more interested
Chet: Patrick - until we get it rolling and people get accostumed to the idea of doing this, we could get someone to bring an issue
Chet: real, legitimate issues
Chet: Also if we had an FAQ of things we've already discussed
Chet: It will take an investment of work to get this started
Chet: Next steps:
Chet: Patrick - for the first 'office hours' we should do more than just bury this in an email that says 'this is coming'
Chet: and then at least 2 weeks notice for the first meeting where we have issue x, issue y scheduled for discussion
Chet: in other words, waiting for TCs to bring something forward won't have a happy result
Chet: maybe tab members should write individually to reach out to chairs
Stefan Hagen: From my experince the first offered office hours may have no visitors
Chet: @stefan, agreed
Chet: Patrick is suggesting that we line some questions up in advance
Chet: maybe chet can plumb past email s for questions tcs ask
Stefan Hagen: Providing a FAQ is interesting and challenging in my opinion because of something good already provided by us - the editor handbook and conformance page as examples
Chet: +1
Chet: Next steps_
Chet: - I'll revise the announcement and send again
Chet: - I'll look through email for examples of questions I've had from TCs
Chet: - at next meeting discuss who we can separately approach bout questions
Jacques (Fujitsu): next meeting can we put the "on-line work product status" browser (google sheet) (from Stefan/Jacques)
Stefan Hagen: +1
Chet: AOB?
Chet: meeting adjourned
Sent transcript to: chet.ensign@oasis-open.org

20190109 (last edited 2019-01-11 16:50:13 by chet.ensign)