Action items

- Chet to follow up with the Swaggerhub guys, provide feedback on our discussion

- Chet see how we might gain query access to shadow databases

- Chet - revise the announcement and send to TAB for reaction

- Chet - look through email for examples of questions I've had from TCs.

- Chet - check dial-in numbers on Zoom invitation versus Kavi meeting event

Agenda

1) Roll call

2) Approve agenda

3) Approve minutes

4) Status of public reviews

5) Status of action items

6) Laurent suggestions on TAB and Open Projects (Ashok email)

7) Google sheet and OASIS Standards (Jacques email

8 ) AOB

=== Minutes ===

1. Roll call

Jacques Durand
Patrick Durusau
Chet Ensign
Stefan Hagen

Invited expert:

Ashok Malhotra

Absent:

Trey Darley

2. Approve agenda

No discussion of agenda. No objections to unanimous approval. Agenda approved.

Jacques noted that there is a discrepancy in the phone numbers between the Zoom invite and the meeting announcement on Kavi. Kavi appears to be correct. Chet to check and fix.

3. Approve minutes

09 January 2019: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tab/201901/msg00009.html

No discussion of minutes. No objections to unanimous approval. Minutes approved.

4. Status of public reviews

TAXII V2.1 - ended Jan. 21 - https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/members/201812/msg00006.html - comments provided by Jacques

OSLC Query Version 3.0 - ends Feb. 7th - https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/members/201901/msg00002.html

Virtual I/O Device (VIRTIO) Version 1.1 - ends Feb. 21st - https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/members/201901/msg00006.html

Jacques noted he still sees the same kinds of conformance clause problems. Discussion on ways to help editors get up to speed. Agreement that they should not have to start by reading the entire guidelines document.

Jacques notes that he provides links to relevant sections of the doc with his comments.

Chet notes that VEL TC has requested its first template. Editors are Michael Schulze and Uwe Ryssel of pure-systems GmbH. Perhaps send them an offer of an introductory meeting on conformance clauses?

Discussion about setting a date and preparing a set of slides.

5) Status of action items

Tabled

6) Laurent suggestions on TAB and Open Projects

Generated by Laurent's response to Ashok's email: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tab/201901/msg00007.html

Discussion about Laurent's 3 items. Agreed that item 3 - tracking of the status of contributions - is a specialized activity and not likely something TAB can help with.

Noted that a big help would be to just send leads and contacts to Carol for follow up.

Consensus that the TAB needs better articulation of the value proposition.

Agreement that the TAB would like to meet Jory and discuss further with her. Chet to see about inviting her.

7) Google sheet and OASIS Standards

Stefan said he will continue populating the spread sheet of OASIS standards data. No schema changes needed.

Jacques will load as soon as he gets the file from Stefan.

Chet will look into adding the page to the OASIS web site.

8 ) AOB

No other business raised. Meeting adjourned.

Next meeting will be 06 February 2019 at 17:00 UTC.

Minutes prepared by Chet Ensign, 30 January 2019.

Chat log

Chet Ensign: agenda:

1) Roll call

2) Approve agenda

3) Approve minutes

09 January 2019: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tab/201901/msg00009.html

4) Status of public reviews

TAXII V2.1 - ended Jan. 21 - https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/members/201812/msg00006.html - comments provided by Jacques

OSLC Query Version 3.0 - ends Feb. 7th - https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/members/201901/msg00002.html

Virtual I/O Device (VIRTIO) Version 1.1 - ends Feb. 21st - https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/members/201901/msg00006.html

5) Status of action items

- Chet to follow up with the Swaggerhub guys, provide feedback on our discussion

- Chet see how we might gain query access to shadow databases

- Chet - revise the announcement and send to TAB for reaction

- Chet - look through email for examples of questions I've had from TCs.

6) Laurent suggestions on TAB and Open Projects (Ashok email)

https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tab/201901/msg00007.html

7) Google sheet and OASIS Standards (Jacques email

8 ) AOB anonymous morphed into Patrick
Chet Ensign: Attending: Stefan, Patrick, Jacques, Ashok, Chet
Chet Ensign: Jacques notes that there is a discrepancy in the phone numbers between the Zoom invite and the meeting announcement
Chet Ensign: The one on the OASIS page appears correct
Chet Ensign: 2 Agenda - no discussion, no objs. Agenda appv'd
Chet Ensign: 3 - Minutes
Chet Ensign: No disc, no obj, minutes apppv'd
Chet Ensign: 4 public review
Chet Ensign: Jacques provided comments on TAXII 2.1. Still seeing the same kinds of conformance clause problems. But editors should not have to start by reading the guidelines - we should introduce it to them, perhaps via pubic review comments
Chet Ensign: Patrick: agree. not certain about what sort of example we could give editors that would be real enough to illustrate the problem but short enough that they could read it.
Chet Ensign: Maybe pull something out of the XML standard
Chet Ensign: Jacques: the conformance clause doc is daunting. we need a progressive way to lead them to the relevant parts
Chet Ensign: Jacques: there has to be some engagement
Chet Ensign: J: I do provide links to the doc - maybe more detailed
Chet Ensign: Link to template request: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/vel/201901/msg00001.html
Chet Ensign: Editor(s):
Michael Schulze, michael.schulze@pure-systems.com, pure-systems GmbH
Uwe Ryssel, uwe.ryssel@pure-systems.com, pure-systems GmbH
Chet Ensign: Maybe email the editors and offer to help them with conformance clauses?
Chet Ensign: Ashok: should record it so that others can watch
Chet Ensign: Chet: reach out to Michael and Uwe? J: yes, but should add a few more. - coordinate on dates
Chet Ensign: Coordinate date and set of slides with TAB - get it organized
Chet Ensign: Do a test run first time
Chet Ensign: P: curious to know what others are - it would help if we could look at drafts earlier on
Patrick: This is the submitted draft: http://www.variability-exchange-language.org/download/variabilityexchangelanguage.pdf
Chet Ensign: Ashok: why not do the seminar at the OASIS meeting in July?
Patrick: stepping away for a moment
Chet Ensign: Stefan: agree w/ Patrick. every editor will have their own unique needs. we should have some sessions while they are getting started
Chet Ensign: So office hours - batched sessions - give them individual advice and attention
Patrick: I'm back.
Chet Ensign: S: so give them several different opportunities throughout their editing cycle
Chet Ensign: 5 action items
Chet Ensign: all still open
Chet Ensign: 6 Laruent's suggestions on open projects
Chet Ensign: and the TAB
Chet Ensign: Editor(s):
Michael Schulze, michael.schulze@pure-systems.com, pure-systems GmbH
Uwe Ryssel, uwe.ryssel@pure-systems.com, pure-systems GmbH
Chet Ensign: 1. Identify open source projects that may require a standardization component (API, protocol) and referring them to us or alerting us to them
2. Help seed Open Projects by being part of the launch community or even by contributing ideas directly
3. In the "nitty-gritty" phase: examine how best to track the status of contributions and intellectual property within a project so that the code is safer to use (there are automation solutions to this but I'm told human intervention is necessary)
Chet Ensign: Chet - invite Jory next time
Ashok: Good thought!
Chet Ensign: Jacques: 2 different ways to approach os - first case: start from an OS prj and move to standardization - as opposed to having a standard and you move to os (e.g. for a reference implementation
Chet Ensign: Very different roles for OASIS to play
Chet Ensign: Chet: maybe track down os via rankings & such
Chet Ensign: Ashok: so we just help Carol find leads? Yes
Chet Ensign: Talk further with Jory at our next meeting
Chet Ensign: Ashok: maybe also talk to the OS guys and encourage them to standardize appropriate parts of their project
Chet Ensign: Jacques: need to articulate the value proposition a bit better
Chet Ensign: 7) Google sheet
Chet Ensign: J: have about 250 work product records so far
Chet Ensign: J: may want to think of this as a service to the community
Chet Ensign: this kind of UI could make it easier to browse what is going on at OASIS
Chet Ensign: S: don't expect any schema changes so just to continue populating hte sheet
Chet Ensign: J: another way to progress here - instead of continuing to populate - could ask our web engineer to display this page
Chet Ensign: load it as an alpha-service to our members
Chet Ensign: then adjust as we get responses to it.
Chet Ensign: Chet - I'll look into adding it to the web site
Sent transcript to: chet.ensign@oasis-open.org

20190123 (last edited 2019-01-30 15:32:38 by chet.ensign)