Miutes TAB Internal Con call 5th February 2010. Approved 18th Feb 2010.

1.Intro/roll

Martin, Patrick, Jacques Regrets: Mary

Agenda approved w/o

2. Minutes

22nd January 2010: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab-internal/email/archives/201001/msg00050.html

Approved w/o

Agreed to post to wiki

3. Action Items

ACTION-20091211-2: Patrick to prepare a wiki page for citation check list/best practice. Ongoing.

ACTION-20100122-1: Martin to draft an email on Mojave concerns for the Board F2F. DONE

ACTION-20100122-2: Martin to prepare draft report on Internal activities since the Oct 09 report. DONE

4. Board Meeting update

TC Process updates sent back for referall to Board Process SC.

Mojave update: our email raised some flags, and Board members shared some similar concerns. Desire for high level view of requirements and progress.

Further TAB thoughts on Mojave: TAB role still not clear, and any more involvement would reduce time in other TAB Internal activities. Concern that a temporary Doc Mgmt System would be a migration nightmare. We will wait to see what come back as a result of the Board Meeting to see what we can do in the future. Our view is that any Customer Champion should be a Board member, supported by the TAB.

Jacques: in the short term we need to clarify the TAB's position regarding QA and Testing. Jacques: We shouldn't QA until features are complete, and test from a user perspective.

Patrick: we don't know how to test until we see the requirements that should be fulfilled.

Martin: Asked Harry and Scott about testing against use cases/requirements. At this stage its just a look and feel play around test.

Testing must be requirements/feature/use case driven, and each drop should list which ones are supposed to be complete.

For us to test we need a list of the use cases being tested for, and we can evaluate whether a) the use cases are sufficiently detailed enough and b) whether the impl. meets those use cases.

ACTION 20100205-1: Jacques to draft an email outlining our suggestions on how best to engage the TAB in testing.

ACTION 20100205-2: Martin to request information from Mojave team on there testing environment (nightly builds, regression testing etc)

5. New work Item from Patrick

In reviewing a spec, noticed that use of RFC2119 keywords were a bit dubious (too many SHOULDs) Suggestion to write a best practice/sample document that shows ways of writing normative text. Add to the queue of work. This could proably go into an update of the conformance guidleines.

6. Standards Dependency Update

Ongoing. Hope to have something for next meeting.

7. Interop Policy Update

Ongoing.

ACTION 20100205-3: Jacques to post current draft of Interop and Conformance Policy to TAB wiki.

8. AOB

Martin on vacation next week (8th through 12th Feb) Martin also can't make the next scheduled meeting.

Decided that next meeting will be on Thursday 18th February at 10am PST, and no call on the 19th Feb.


Summary of New and Existing Action Items:

ACTION-20091211-2: Patrick to prepare a wiki page for citation check list/best practice.

ACTION 20100205-1: Jacques to draft an email outlining our suggestions on how best to engage the TAB in testing.

ACTION 20100205-2: Martin to request information from Mojave team on there testing environment (nightly builds, regression testing etc)

ACTION 20100205-3: Jacques to post current draft of Interop and conformance policy to TAB wiki.

Feb0510 (last edited 2010-02-19 12:10:47 by martin.chapman)