Approved Minutes 16th October 2009
Approved without changes at 30th October 2009 meeting (archived at http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab-internal/email/archives/200910/msg00014.html)
TAB-Internal: Minutes 16th October 2009
- Roll: Martin, Patrick, Jacques, Mary Agenda:
Posted at http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab-internal/email/archives/200910/msg00013.html add debrief on Board Report Approved.
18th Sep: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab-internal/email/archives/200909/msg00036.html Minutes accepted w/o Agreed to post to wiki without changes to posted draft minutes.
4. Action items
20090918-1: Patrick to liaise with Harry over the MarkMail script. Done. Sent to Harry and Neil, but low priority because of Mojave work 20090918-2: Martin to cut/paste feedback from
- Done. Martin to follow up with Paul. Jacques notes that the later the board actions our advice the worse it will be. 20090918-3: Martin to liaise with Board on re-starting the Interop Policy work. Done.
Response from Paul: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab-internal/email/archives/200910/msg00000.html Mary: the current interop policy is focussed on demonstrations rather than spec quality/implementability. We should look at this
to add interop test for spec quality purposes.
- Martin: Board process thinking about a candidate OS stage where testing could be beefed up. Jacques: So I will look into the interop policy and comment on it next meeting? ACTION 20091016-1: Jacques to look at the Interop Policy and provide an initial assessment.
- 20090918-4: Patrick to provide a status update on the spec dependency project for our next meeting. Done. On this agenda
5. Board Report Debrief
- Patrick reported the TAB Internal work to the Board F2F meeting this week. Not much feedback from the Board, but they seemed happy via reaction and questions.
6. Review/Approve Testability Guidelines
http://wiki.oasis-open.org/tab/TestabilityGuide The "why write test assertions" section has been substantially enhanced. Also improved the section on when to write assertions. Attempt to approve at next meeting, so please review and comment before then.
7: Standards Dependency
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab-internal/email/archives/200910/msg00012.html Was only posted today so read and comment please. Will provide more details in time for next meeting. Jacques: will this mushroom in terms of manageable output? Patrick: current set should be a manageable to demonstrate useful output. There is an assumption that there is a core set of standards which most refer to that can be used to layer Jacques: a good measure of usefulness/relevance of a spec is how much it is cited. Mary: XML has been cited many different ways! Patrick: there are even references to zipped copies of xml schema on the oasis site, which is not allowed! Return to this at next meeting.
Summary of new and open actions:
20091016-1: Jacques to look at the Interop Policy and provide an initial assessment. http://www.oasis-open.org/who/interop_demo_policy.php