Approved Minutes 30th October 2009 (approved at 20th November 2009 meeting)
Agenda: approved as posted: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab-internal/email/archives/200910/msg00018.html Roll: Martin, Mary, Jacques, Patrick
16th October 2009: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab-internal/email/archives/200910/msg00014.html No objections, minutes approved. No objections to posting on TAB wiki.
3. Action Items
- 20091016-1: Jacques to look at the Interop Policy and provide an initial assessment.
http://www.oasis-open.org/who/interop_demo_policy.php Done. Will summarize in an email
- Jacques: There is something to be learnt from WS-I since it requires interop testing before specs are approved.
4. Review/Approve Testability Guidelines
http://wiki.oasis-open.org/tab/TestabilityGuide Unanimous approval to publish. Martin to update status.
5. back to interop policy aka Jacques Action Item
- Mary: Drmmund talks about three types of testing - Demos, conformance, and interop. The current policy is aimed at demos. Staff are keen to explore conformance and interop testing, and might want to move those aspects into policy Jacques: agrees with Mary. Jacques: we are moving in that direction, with Test Assertions, test suites, exit clauses Jacques: we could consider making these types of things Policy. Patrick: You want more TCs to do interop demos? Partick: if well written and tested for, shouldn't interop happen Mary: interop is more of a marketing activity, not really about spec quality and conformance Mary: maybe this is TC process not Interop Policy Martin: If the bar is too high, then people will go elsewhere Mary: babysteps. Conformance statements in specs was the first step Martin: Personally, anything that wants OASIS Standards mark should jump over a high bar, otherwise they should stay at CS and definitely if anything wants to go to ISO/ITU they need rigorous testing
Mary: The successful completion of an OASIS-organized public interoperability demonstration between at least three independent implementations conducted in accordance with the OASIS InterOp Demonstration Guidelines.
6. Standards Dependency
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab-internal/email/archives/200910/msg00012.html Nothing to report as Patrick busy with PR of ODF Pick up at next meeting.
- Public reviews are being allocated by Martin as they arrive.
No new or open action items!