Approved Minutes 4th September 2009
Email archive of draft minutes (approved without changes on 18th September 2009): http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab-internal/email/archives/200909/msg00011.html
Roll: Martin, Mary, Jacques, Patrick and invited guest Harry Levinson
21st August meeting: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab-internal/email/archives/200908/msg00080.html No comments, approved w/o
- 20090821-1: done 20090821-2: done 20090821-3: done Need to make sure status (draft, review, approved) is in the title of the wiki page 200908-4: done
Mojave Presentation and Q&A:
- Harry goes thru the presentation that was given to the Board at its Face to face meeting
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tab-internal/email/archives/200908/msg00036.html Harry notes that construction phase has begun. Jacques: seems like the interfaces between the tools might be an unknown risk. Where are the big risks/tricky points? Harry: challenge is not quite knowing all the parts esp for pieces not yet selected. The drupal/php tools work well together.
External/hosted tools are going to be the hardest.
- Harry: Shared authentication and single sign-on are two goals. Single sign-on may not be available on first release, but shared authentication will be. Cross browser testing essential (IE, firefox, safari) - will not be supporting IE5 as assumption is that IE6 is old enough to cover
vast majority of OASIS users.
- Patrick: documentation of the new system is going to be crucial Harry: the WIKI, which the TAB doesn't have direct access to, does document some and the aim is to have a lot less mystery about
where configurations are. Not much time planned for documentation during construction phase but does need to be done.
- It was agreed that the TAB could, and should, be involved in testing and QA. First round of testing will be about a months time. Harry to be added to the TAB-Internal list. Jacques: between construction and transition, advice is to plan a longish QA phase because of the potential data integration
- Harry reminds us he is only on a one year contract, to April 2010, so plan is to be finished by then. Plus trying to be iterative so as to do some testing as go along. Jacques warns on underestimating the testing/integration/QA phase Patrick: maybe this is worth raising to the Board Mary: was the Board concerned about the timeline? Harry: not explicitly about QA, but they realise it is an ambitious plan ACTION 20090904-1: Jacques to draft feedback to the Board regarding concerns over enough QA time for Mojave. The group thanks Harry for presenting and taking time out to answer questions.
- Need to add deprecation of specification features (from one version of a spec to another) to the queue of topics.
Summary of new and open Action Items:
20090807-2: Patrick to write up a proposal/mock up based on his comment in the thirtysecondemailsearch wiki. To be done for next meeting (21 Aug)
20090904-1: Jacques to draft feedback to the Board regarding concerns over enough QA time for Mojave.