XLIFF 2.0 Dashboard
XLIFF 2.0 Feature Tracking
Features to be included in 2.0 are drafted and tracked using the XLIFF2.0/FeatureTracking page.
Last version of the deprecated XLIFF 2.0 Goals page available at http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xliff/XLIFF2.0Goals?action=recall&rev=29
(Must Have) Create an XLIFF 2.0 Requirements Document (Similar to XSLT 2.0 Requirements Document http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt20req) [Bryan, Rodolfo]
Content that is not yet migrated to tracking page
- Additional Representation Guides (DITA,.NET / Win32, Docbook)
Proposed ICU Reference Guide http://source.icu-project.org/repos/icu/icuhtml/trunk/design/locale/xliff-profile-icuresourcebundle-1.2.htm [Eric]
Include xml:tm in the non-normative section (http://www.lisa.org/standards/xmltm/)
Nice to Have
Potential Goals under consideration
The following ideas have been raised. They are potential goals that the TC will consider.
- Define a multi-lingual "Localisation Kit" format, which may include:
- (XLIFF content + original source material+ all target language files+ skeleton files + reference files + some sort of manifest document describing/defining the payload.)
- Could be part of XLIFF 1.2 adoption.
- Terminology Markup – (Has been suggested by Kara Warburton of IBM some time ago to support terminology markup such as translate (yes/no), subject-categorization, type, etc.) No additional information from Kara
Suggestion for schema cleanup towards 2.0 (http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff-comment/200711/msg00004.html)
Implementer FAQ Entry / Suggestion (http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff-comment/200711/msg00005.html)
Issues collected from xliff-comment list (categorized by TC as necessary for 1.2 errata, and 2.0 requirements)
The following ideas have been raised on the XLIFF Comment List. They have been considered to be worthy of noting in XLIFF 1.2 errata, but not substantive, as to cause delay in OASIS Ballot.
Small inconsistency between the schema and specification with regards to count-type attribute values (http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff-comment/200710/msg00000.html)
The 'datatype' attribute is specified with a default value of 'Empty string'. This should be 'undefined' (http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff-comment/200710/msg00001.html)
Schema glitch in <xliff> element definition (http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff-comment/200711/msg00000.html)
Tool element inconsistency between spec and schema (schema allows text) (http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff-comment/200711/msg00001.html)
Content Model for <alt-trans> element enforces order (http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff-comment/200711/msg00003.html)