- Feedback/Revisions to Committee Draft O1
- Name of XRD Sequence Element
- Dewitt Clinton Feedback Issues
- Drop Subject and Alias "match" Attribute?
- Host-Meta Subject
- XSD Schema Design
- Empty Elements and Other Schema Processing Rules
- Type Selection
- 1.1 - Keywords in UPPERCASE?
- 2.2.1 - XML:id Attribute
- 2.2.1 and 2.4.1 - Signature and KeyInfo Elements
- 2.2.2 – Expires Element and Caching
- 2.3.1 - Alias Element Definition
- 2.4.5 – Defining URI Template Variable Names
- 3.2 – Linked XRD Documents
- 5.1 – Terms for Conformance Targets
- New – XRDS Element Definition
This is the home page for the XRD 1.0 specification. See SpecNaming for detailed filenames.
- Editors: Eran Hammer-Lahav, Will Norris
Document Status and Links
The current draft is:
Feedback/Revisions to Committee Draft O1
This section tracks potential revisions to XRD 1.0 Committee Draft 01 based on the feedback received since its publication.
Section 6 - XRDS (Added by Drummond on 2009-10-28)
The text needs to be revised to match the schema cardinality, i.e., needs to say "zero-or-more XRD elements" in an XRDS.
Various (Added by Eran via email to the list on 2009-11-09)
Replace <Type> with <Property type="">
Add <Property> as a child element of <Link>
Convert the <Link> child elements: URI (href), Rel (rel), MediaType (type), and URITemplate (template) into attributes
Leave the <Link> child elements: Title and (newly defined) Property as elements
Clarify <Alias> definition to express that the element does NOT extend the subject of the XRD and is only used to describe the subject resource
Add text to <Subject> to make its design restrictions more explicit
- Focus link selection on 'rel' with 'type' as a useful hint.
- Replace text about ignoring links with unknown template syntax with instructions to follow the protocol-specific rules on handling bad templates
The following punchlist issues have been closed.
Name of XRD Sequence Element
Scott Cantor asked, "I used the name XRDS, but wondered if that was potentially confusing with the original XRDS? Should we use XRDSequence instead?"
Answer: we will keep the name XRDS.
Dewitt Clinton Feedback Issues
See his email at http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xri/200908/msg00138.html.
Note that the priority issue has already been dealt with (see below). The other issues were discussed in Eran's emails on the list.
Drop Subject and Alias "match" Attribute?
Yes - no one has a compelling use case for a collection of subjects.
Host-meta XRDs will need to have some kind of URI representation, but that's an issue for the host-meta spec, not for the XRD spec.
XSD Schema Design
- XSD will be our normative schema language.
- We will we use an "Extension" element.
- Element order will be:
Empty Elements and Other Schema Processing Rules
Will will add a section at the start of the spec laying out general schema processing rules that apply to the XRD schema and all extensions.
- It will specify that empty elements are not allowed.
From an 2009-08-20 email from Eran to the list:
As written today, the spec implies that linked XRDs are only used for finding other links, not for finding other <Type>s. This is wrong. We need to add a section about Type "selection" (not really selection but collection).
Will will add text in the XRD Linking section about this.
1.1 - Keywords in UPPERCASE?
We will use IEFT RFC keywords (MUST, MAY, SHOULD, etc.) in uppercase.
2.2.1 - XML:id Attribute
Clarify that it comes from another namespace.
2.2.1 and 2.4.1 - Signature and KeyInfo Elements
Clarify they are referenced because we are including their namespaces.
2.2.2 – Expires Element and Caching
Clarify that the Expires element is independent of transport-level cache semantics.
2.3.1 - Alias Element Definition
Add the same “match” attribute as Subject.
2.4.5 – Defining URI Template Variable Names
Defining our own for #see-also
State that we will inherit the URI template variable names defined in LRDD.
What to Do About Conflicts in Template Variable Names?
What do Do About Missing Template Variable Names?
Use an empty string.
3.2 – Linked XRD Documents
We will stay with:
5.1 – Terms for Conformance Targets
We will use XRD Provider and XRD Consumer.
New – XRDS Element Definition
We will add a definition of an XRDS wrapper element for use by specifications that need a chain of XRDs.